I just loooove a good bacon dish, and carbonara is basically alfredo with BACON (!!!) and peas. And it’s so ridiculously YUM and quite the crowd pleaser.
This recipe is a favorite among my kids, and it easily can be halved to fit a smaller family. Not only that, but it’s one of those easy meals that can be made in a pinch. Tasty and quick, score!
Easy Carbonara Recipe
- 1 package of turkey bacon
- 1 small bag of frozen peas
- 1 – 1.5 boxes Fettuccine noodles
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 cups of milk
- 6 tbsp grated parmesan
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced finely
- 1 tbsp Mrs Dash table blend
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Grated parmesan to garnish
- Optional – Mozzarella cheese, shredded, ½ cup
- Fry bacon on stovetop until crisp enough to crumble.
- Microwave peas in a bowl until mostly thawed.
- Prepare Fettuccine noodles, drain water, return to pot.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, place milk in first, adding other ingredients one at a time.
- Using a rubber whisk (as to not scratch your saucepan), whisk your ingredients to blend together as they heat.
- Bring to a boil, let reduce for a couple minutes, until it becomes well blended and gets thicker.
- Crumble half the bacon, put aside.
- Pour sauce over prepared noodles, with heat on low-to-medium, mix together gently until sauce absorbs somewhat and thickens more.
- Add peas and crumbled bacon, tossing gently but mixing together thoroughly, until heated through and combined.
- If adding Mozzarella, add it now.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese shaken overtop
What do you think? Do you think this is something your family would love one night? Try it!