This week’s mission as Chief Waffle Officer for Eggo® was to create a Thanksgiving dish for waffles. Immediately pumpkin came to mind, and one of my most favorite pumpkin dishes is a pumpkin cheesecake. This gave me an idea – what if I combined this pumpkin cheesecake flavor together with maple syrup and speecy-spicy cinnamon to make a flavorful dip for waffles?
Ohhhh yeahhhhhh, baby…
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or more to taste)
- ½ cup whipped cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Your choice of Eggo® Nutri-Grain® Whole Wheat Waffles, Eggo® Seasons Limited Edition Pumpkin Waffles, or Eggo® Cinnamon Brown Sugar Thick & Fluffy waffles
- While your waffles are toasting, whisk together the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Once toasted, cut your waffle in half, and then cut up along the lines to make waffle slices.
- Serve the dip in a small ramekins surrounded by the waffle slices.
Friends, this is just too easy and too good to pass up.
I really hope you decide to try this as a special Thanksgiving (or fall) breakfast.
What could you create using Eggo® waffles? Enter The Great Eggo® Waffle Off! contest and visit Eggo® on Facebook for their contest app. Breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert, you choose what recipe to create and enter that could win you the $5000 grand prize (or several other prizes for runners-up, including cash or Eggo® products)!
Did you happen to catch my previous waffle recipes for Mickey Mouse Waffles, Waffle French Toast, Chocolate Cream Cheese Waffle Fruit Bites, Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Banana Blueberry Waffles and Ice Cream Birthday Waffle Sundae with Biscoff Spread and OREOs that I made previously? Stay tuned for more wafflelicious recipes from me every Wednesday from today until the end of October as a compensated Chief Waffle Officer for Eggo®.