(I am a compensated Great Day Farms ambassador.)
Oh my gosh, you guys! Who doesn’t want a bright, sunshiny shape like this to greet you in the morning!
Hello, gorgeous. Fancy “meating” you here. (Get it? Meat? Ha!)
I know you guys are simply going to love the easy-ness of this recipe, just like my other crescent roll recipes, it’s quick, easy, and the results are gorgeous! Especially when using Great Day Farms eggs. They’re always so light and fluffy.
After you’ve fried your bacon and scrambled your eggs, pour yourself a little coffee and break open those crescent rolls! Lay them as shown below:
Roll the crescent rolls together at the seams, like so:
Add your ingredients one at a time to the crescent roll dough, layering like this:
Add the cheese generously over top:
Begin wrapping the dough up over the ingredients, pinching together in the center:
When I make these rings and wreaths, I press the dough down in the center again, squeezing it all together a little, to ensure it takes sale and everything’s good ‘n tight inside, tucking the ends under, too. Bring on the baking!
Oooh! Once she’s out of the oven, try not to dig in just yet. There’s still business to take care of. (But, g’head and admire her golden brown crust. Mmm!)
G’head, brush a little melted butter over top (you can do this before or after it’s baked, I think it tastes SLAMMIN’ when it’s done afterwards).
Don’t forget to lightly season over that melted butter, too! Take a second to admire your handy work.
Then, grab a pizza slicer and get ready to taste the awesome!
- 2 packages crescent roll dough
- 8-10 eggs, scrambled
- half package of turkey bacon, fried
- shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown your bacon and prepare your scrambled eggs, set aside.
- Open up your packages of crescent roll dough and arrange each slice around the edge of the round pizza dough in the shape of a sun, overlapping corners and layering one after the next.
- Use a dough roller to press down on the overlapped seams to seal them.
- Arrange your scrambled eggs onto the dough first, then the bacon (you can crumble the bacon or lay half-slices over top).
- Top shredded cheese onto the eggs and bacon, and season well.
- Begin folding up each dough triangle over the egg/bacon/cheese, tucking the points into the dough on the other side.
- Continue doing this with each triangle until completed.
- With a basting brush, brush some melted butter onto the dough; season.
- Place it into the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice with a pizza cutter and serve.
Alright, who’s hungry?
Gosh, can you just TASTE it?
Be sure to check out the other fantastic Great Day Farms recipes. Wouldn’t this make a fantastic brunch or brinner (breakfast for dinner)?