|Baked Chicken Bacon Taquitos |
Author: Lisa Douglas
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
These baked taquitos are creamy, bacon-y, and really easy to make.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (or whipped)
- 2½ cups shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese
- 5 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ¾ cup salsa
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsps chili powder
- 6 tbsps chopped/minced cilantro
- 8 slices of bacon, chopped finely (turkey bacon preferably)
- small flour tortillas
- fresh ground Himalayan Pink Sea Salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Cook your bacon and let it cool - chop finely or pulse in a food processor (you can save time here by pulsing it with the cilantro)
- Preheat your oven to 425˚F.
- Spray your baking sheet or casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken, cheeses, salsa, lime juice, garlic, seasonings, cilantro, and bacon; mix thoroughly.
- Spoon two heaping tablespoons of the chicken bacon mixture onto the tortilla; roll as tightly as you can, and set the tortilla seam side down in the baking sheet or dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas until the mixture is gone.
- Make sure the taquitos are not touching each other.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until crisp and lightly golden.
- Can be served with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, or a ranch dip.
Recipe by Crazy Adventures in Parenting at http://crazyadventuresinparenting.com/2014/02/baked-chicken-bacon-taquitos.html