|Carrot Cake Protein Shake |
Author: Lisa Douglas
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 2 mins
Total time: 4 mins
This thick and creamy protein shake tastes like an exact replica to carrot cake, and is protein-packed and healthy, as well as filling.
- ½ cup Daisy low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese
- ½ cup shredded or grated carrots (or ½ cup carrots, chopped into small pieces)
- 5-10 ice cubes (depending on how thick you like your shake)*
- ½-1 cup water (depending upon how much shake you'd like to make)*
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Spirutein or Shakeology)
- 2 packets Truvia or stevia (or 1 teaspoon of the sweetener of choice)
- Dash or two of nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon
- Place all your ingredients into a blender and mix until carrots and ice are fully pulverized and well-combined.
- *Adjust water and ice cubes according to consistency preference.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Crazy Adventures in Parenting at http://crazyadventuresinparenting.com/2014/04/carrot-cake-protein-shake.html