|Caramel Macchiato Muffins |
Author: Lisa Douglas
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
My love of coffee and coffee cake knows no bounds. I decided to combine the two to create this coffeehouse inspired muffin!
- 1 box Duncan Hines Simple Mornings Cinnamon Streusel Premium Muffin Mix
- ¾ cup of International Delight Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- ½ tsp caramel extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- streusel topping (included with mix)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add muffin mix to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the iced coffee, eggs, both extracts, and oil; mix well.
- Spray your 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray generously.
- Evenly distribute the muffin batter into each well one teaspoon at a time until all the batter has been used.
- Sprinkle the streusel on top gently, and press down once finished, almost mashing the streusel into the batter, making the tops flat.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until tops are cracked, golden brown, and spring back when touched.
- Let cool for 5 minutes; use a butter knife to gently lift muffins out.
Recipe by Crazy Adventures in Parenting at http://crazyadventuresinparenting.com/2014/07/caramel-macchiato-muffins.html