|Slow Cooker Potatoes Au Gratin |
Author: Lisa Douglas
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 4 mins
Total time: 14 mins
This slow cooker spin on potatoes au gratin add a little something special and different to your dinner menu.
- 8 whole potatoes, scrubbed with peels left on
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups milk
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Plenty of freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- With a basting brush, spread the softened butter all over the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cut potatoes into slices, as thick or thin as you'd like, and place in bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, flour, minced garlic, salt, mustard, and black pepper.
- Place 1/3 of the potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour 1/3 of the milk mixture over the potatoes.
- Repeat this twice more, ending with the milk mixture on top.
- Season once more.
- Cover with slow cooker top and set on low for 4 hours.
- After 3 1/2 hours, remove foil and grate fresh cheddar over top.
- Continue to cook in slow cooker for 20-30 more minutes.
- Spoon carefully onto plates and let cool a few minutes before serving.
Recipe by Crazy Adventures in Parenting at http://crazyadventuresinparenting.com/2013/01/slow-cooker-potatoes-au-gratin.html