|Slow Cooker Overnight Breakfast Casserole |
Author: Lisa Douglas
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 8 hours
Total time: 8 hours 10 mins
This breakfast is a quick fixer-upper that's super easy and super delicious to wake up using minimal effort
- 10 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup milk, whisked with the eggs
- 1 package pork breakfast sausage roll, uncooked (can use a package of uncooked bacon, too)
- ½ bag shredded hash browns, frozen
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- seasoning to taste (salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Mrs. Dash Table Blend, etc.)
- Before you go to bed the night before you want to serve, spray cooking spray into your crock pot in the bottom and all along the edges.
- Place your sausage first, breaking it into small pieces.
- Lay shredded hash browns over top, sprinkling evenly over the sausage.
- Season the hash browns/sausage mixture before adding the eggs
- Pour whisked eggs over top the potatoes and sausage, ensuring everything is covered in egg.
- Season a little again on top and cover to cook on "low" overnight.
- (TIP: Don't forget to ensure your crock pot will not shut off after a certain time without staying warm some how)
- Moments before serving, sprinkle shredded cheese over top to melt.
Recipe by Crazy Adventures in Parenting at http://crazyadventuresinparenting.com/2013/01/slow-cooker-overnight-breakfast-casserole.html