Author: Lisa Douglas
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
This Nutella crepe is a family favorite in our home. Served warm with fruit and syrup, these tasty crepes can be filled or topped with anything!
- 1½ cup Silk PureAlmond Dark Chocolate milk
- 2 organic eggs
- ⅔ cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup raw sugar or raw honey
- fresh fruit topping (like raspberries)
- maple syrup (optional)
- powdered sugar in a sifter (optional)
- Whisk your egg until well scrambled, add in Silk PureAlmond milk, Nutella, and sugar/honey, whisking until combined thoroughly.
- Add in flour, blending completely, scraping the sides until all well combined.
- Let sit for about five minutes, to thicken up a little. Consistency should resemble a heavy cream.
- Heat an 8” skillet on medium-high and spray with cooking spray or grease lightly with shortening.
- Pour about ¼- ½ cup of mixture into heated pan, sliding the pan around gently in a circle until it spreads out evenly.
- Cook until the bottom is heated through and the edges begin to harden while bubbles form on top, about 45 seconds to a minute.
- Using a spatula, slide gently to the side and flip.
- Cook another 30-45 seconds on the uncooked side, flip once more to ensure cooked thoroughly, and slide onto a plate.
- Continue until all batter has been used.
- Serve warm with fresh fruit, maple syrup drizzled over top, and finely sprinkled powdered sugar.
- (Filling optional) :)
Recipe by Crazy Adventures in Parenting at http://crazyadventuresinparenting.com/2013/01/nutella-crepes-recipe.html