|Clean Eating Chicken Muffins |
Author: Lisa Douglas - CrazyAdventuresinParenting.com
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 2 lbs. Tyson ground chicken
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dry yellow mustard
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp no salt seasoning (we use Kirkland from Costco)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp diced jalapeño
- 1 diced onion
- 3 diced celery stalks
- 1 10-oz can of Ro-Tel "Mexican Lime & Cilantro" Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro
- fresh ground Himalayan salt and pepper
- Pre heat oven to 375.
- Lightly coat the muffin pans with a little olive oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Once you gather all your tasty ingredients (or, um, almost all your ingredients. Ahem.)...
- ... you put the chicken, egg whites, seasonings, jalapeños, garlic, and oats in the bowl and mash together.
- Instead of mincing these vegetables by hand, I used this old Tupperware piece of equipment called the Quick Chef®. (FYI it helps to make an easy homemade salsa.)
- Add the veggies in, mash and mix around some more, and...
- .. break out your cookie scoop or meatballer. I find these make each of the muffins pretty evenly proportioned. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a thermometer reads 180 degrees.
Recipe by Crazy Adventures in Parenting at http://crazyadventuresinparenting.com/2013/08/clean-eating-chicken-muffins-recipe.html