|Easy Grilled Thin Crust Pizza (Great for School Lunches!) |
Author: Lisa Douglas - CrazyAdventuresinParenting.com
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
This easy-to-make grilled pizza is such a fun and fast dinner, you won't believe it isn't take out!
- 4 cans prepared pizza dough
- 2 jars of pizza sauce
- 2 cups (at least) of mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan
- fresh ground salt and pepper
- pizza toppings of your choice (we chose turkey pepperoni)
- metal baking sheets (preferably ones without handles)
- cooking spray
- large tin foil
- small, hand-held rolling pin
- basting brush
- pizza cutter
- Lay your foil out onto the baking sheets, and spray with cooking spray.
- Open up one can of dough at a time, and roll out onto the foil, until thin and even, as wide as you can go without going over the foil.
- Using a basting brush, baste the pizza sauce onto the dough (even the edges).
- Grind some salt and pepper onto the sauce, lightly.
- Next, lay your pizza toppings on (in our case, the pepperoni), and cover with both cheeses.
- Finally, grind a teeny tiny bit more seasoning on top.
- Slide the foil onto the grill from the baking sheets with only minimal burners going set to "low." (We have a five-burner grill, and we only light two burners.)
- Cover the grill, and let cook for about five minutes.
- You'll notice the cheese will be melted, but the dough is not ready until slightly blacked on the bottom with brown, crisp edges - about 8-12 minutes.
- Slide the foil back onto the baking sheets to bring back inside - slice with the pizza cutter and serve.
Recipe by Crazy Adventures in Parenting at http://crazyadventuresinparenting.com/2013/09/easy-grilled-thin-crust-pizza-great-school-lunches.html