|Tex-Mex Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches |
Author: Lisa Douglas
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
A Tex-Mex spin on an old favorite, adding jalapeños and salsa really elevates this sandwich to a new level!
- 3 14-16oz boxes of thinly sliced sirloin beef (like Steak-Umms)
- 2 - 3 packages hoagie rolls
- 6 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. diced jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 c. salsa
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 can diced green chilies (optional)
- Prepare your thinly sliced sirloin beef on a skillet until cooked thoroughly (if using diced chilies, sauté them with the beef); set aside onto a plate.
- Toast your hoagies slightly in a toaster oven, let cool.
- Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, and jalapeños until well blended.
- Spread some of the cream cheese mixture on one side of the hoagie, then add a layer of steak, topping it off with salsa and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Using your broiler or toaster oven, heat the cheese until it has browned and melted nicely.
- Spread the jalapeño cream cheese onto the other half of the hoagie, place it onto the sandwich, and serve.
Recipe by Crazy Adventures in Parenting at http://crazyadventuresinparenting.com/2013/10/tex-mex-philly-cheese-steak-sandwiches.html