Author: Lisa Douglas
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 3 mins
Total time: 18 mins
These Mickey Mouse waffles would be a cute surprise for your child on their birthday, or to announce a surprise trip, maybe? :)
- 2 Eggo® Nutri-Grain® Whole Wheat Waffles
- chocolate chips
- one grape
- peanut butter
- Thaw your waffles to room temperature, but do not toast them just yet.
- Cut out Mickey's ears out of one waffle (almost creating a figure 8).
- Grabbing a handful of chocolate chips, melt the chips in the microwave using 15-second intervals until fully melted.
- Stir into the melted chocolate a little milk until it's nice and creamy.
- Plop into the creamy melted chocolate the cut out ears, and gently paint onto the whole waffle some chocolate to form the top of Mickey's head.
- Place the waffle on a plate, and cover Mickey's ears with chocolate; join to the painted chocolate head.
- Fill in the gaps and smooth out the chocolate with the remaining chocolate (without using it all), also forming the top of Mickey's head over the eyes.
- Place the grape into the melted chocolate and cover completely.
- Take a banana and cut off two slices, cut into the slices to make oval eyes, cover the backs with a little bit of chocolate and place onto Mickey's face.
- Using two chocolate chips, cover the backs with chocolate and place onto Mickey's banana eyes.
- Using a little bit of chocolate, form the smile at the bottom.
- With a teaspoon half full of creamy peanut butter, place a little on one end of his face on top of the chocolate smile.
- Place one of the leftover pieces of banana smiles onto the peanut butter, dabbing a tiny bit of jelly onto the banana (to symbolize his tongue).
Recipe by Crazy Adventures in Parenting at http://crazyadventuresinparenting.com/2013/10/mickey-mouse-waffles.html