|Overnight Slow Cooker Pumpkin Beer Bread with Crumb Topping |
Author: Lisa Douglas
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 8 hours
Total time: 8 hours 25 mins
This easy slow cooker pumpkin beer bread recipe makes a LOT of pumpkin bread that can be refrigerated or frozen for later.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (but I’m wanting to try fresh pumpkin next time)
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup softened butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup milled flax seed (optional)
- 1 cup pumpkin ale (or apple ale. Or water if you'd like instead)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons fresh ground salt
- *1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- *1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- *½ teaspoon ground cloves
- *¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- *These are guesstimations, I like my pumpkin bread spicy and add probably a lot more than this!
For the crumb topping
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick of cold butter, cut into pieces
- Spray your slow cooker/crock pot with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, eggs, butter, applesauce, beer, both sugars and syrup until well blended.
- Add in the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger (I add plenty of the spices to ‘pepper’ the mixture well).
- Add in one cup of flour at a time, mixing fully before adding another cup.
- Mix your crumb topping together with a pastry blender, two knives, or using your hands, until it forms the crumble.
- Pour into the sprayed slow cooker/crock pot.
- Sprinkle generously the crumb over top.
- Bake on low overnight.
- Bread is done when a toothpick/skewer/knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Recipe by Crazy Adventures in Parenting at http://crazyadventuresinparenting.com/2013/10/overnight-slow-cooker-pumpkin-beer-bread-crumb-topping.html