|Layered Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake with Pecan Streusel |
Author: Lisa Douglas
Prep time: 45 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour 35 mins
This nutty, pumpkin-y, cinnamon-filled recipes tantalizes your taste buds as a special treat or for a holiday dish.
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie shell/crust preferred, or any pie crust
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 1 (8 ounce) package whipped cream cheese (or softened)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
For Pumpkin Layer
- 1¼ cups organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, whisked well
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1+ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½+ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For Pecan Streusel
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
To Make Cheesecake Layer:
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in ¼ cup sugar, then add vanilla extract and 1 egg.
- Beat mixture until light and smooth.
- Chill mixture for 30 minutes, then spread into pastry shell.
To Make Pumpkin Layer:
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, whisked eggs, both sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Cover edges of crust with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes on bottom rack.
- Remove foil from edges and bake an additional 25 minutes on top rack.
To Make Pecan Streusel Layer:
- While pie is in oven, combine flour and 2 tablespoons brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Mix well, then add softened butter or margarine and stir until ingredients are combined.
- Mix in pecans.
- After pie has been in oven for 50 minutes, remove and sprinkle pecan streusel evenly over top.
- Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes on bottom rack, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Recipe by Crazy Adventures in Parenting at http://crazyadventuresinparenting.com/2013/12/layered-pumpkin-pie-cheesecake-with-pecan-streusel.html