|Banana Mocha Coffee Cake with Mocha Topping |
Author: Katja Presnal
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Makes two loafs or one large Bundt pan.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 oz butter
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
Mocha topping ingredients
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp strong coffee
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare two loaf-sized pans or one large Bundt pan with butter and flour.
- Smash your bananas in a small bowl.
- Brew some strong coffee; set aside.
- Melt the butter and mix with coffee.
- Whip the eggs with sugar in a small bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then blend with the egg-sugar mix and bananas carefully.
- Pour into the prepared pan/s.
- Bake in 350F 30-50 min depending on your oven and the size of the pan.
For the topping
- Melt your butter in a small pan.
- Once melted, mix in all of the ingredients.
- Once your cake is ready, drizzle on the top of the coffee cake.
Recipe by Crazy Adventures in Parenting at http://crazyadventuresinparenting.com/2014/01/have-coffee-with-skimbaco-lifestyle-and-this-amazing-mocha-coffee-cake-recipe.html