Tex-Mex Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
A Tex-Mex spin on an old favorite, adding jalapeños and salsa really elevates this sandwich to a new level!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 3 14-16 oz boxes thinly sliced sirloin beef like Steak-Umms
- 2 - 3 packages hoagie rolls
- 6 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. diced jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 c. salsa
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 can diced green chilies optional
Prepare your thinly sliced sirloin beef on a skillet until cooked thoroughly (if using diced chilies, sauté them with the beef); set aside onto a plate.
Toast your hoagies slightly in a toaster oven, let cool.
Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, and jalapeños until well blended.
Spread some of the cream cheese mixture on one side of the hoagie, then add a layer of steak, topping it off with salsa and Monterey Jack cheese.
Using your broiler or toaster oven, heat the cheese until it has browned and melted nicely.
Spread the jalapeño cream cheese onto the other half of the hoagie, place it onto the sandwich, and serve.