Insanely Good Baked Bacon Macaroni and Cheese That's Out of This World!
This baked bacon macaroni and cheese is like nothing you’ve ever tried before, but something you’ll never want to go without eating again!
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups milk
- 1½ boxes macaroni we used corkscrews
- 2 cups frozen kernel corn
- 2 packages turkey bacon chopped. Or, as we used, pre-made bags
- 2 10 oz blocks of cheddar shredded
- 1 10 oz block of pepper jack cheese can use monterrey jack instead, shredded
- package grated parmesan cheese
- package seasoned bread crumbs
- fresh ground salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
Once the butter is melted and beginning to bubble, whisk in the flour until it forms a paste (like a roux).
Whisk the milk into the flour/butter mixture.
Heat this mixture over medium-heat until it begins to thicken.
Whisk in two cups of cheddar and one cup of Monterrey jack cheese, along with salt and pepper.
Once the sauce is heated through, mix in the macaroni; blend well.
Add into the pot the kernel corn; again mix well.
Add in 1 cup of the chopped turkey bacon.
Pour mixture into a sprayed 13×9 baking dish; top with the remaining cheddar and pepper jack cheese.
Layer on top the parmesan cheese, then the bread crumbs, followed by the fresh-ground salt and pepper over the macaroni.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until it is golden brown.