Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe
A few surprise ingredients make this crock pot recipe a must try!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 10 mins
- 2 10-oz packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 can or jar artichoke hearts chopped
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated (divided into two 1/4 cups)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese 1/2 cup
- Frank's Red Hot sauce to taste 5-6 dollups is optimal
- Mrs Dash Table Blend
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Tortilla chips of your choice
Pre-heat your slow cooker/crock pot by turning it on the "high" setting.
Thaw your spinach in the microwave until it can be separated and no more ice is found.
Place your sour cream, mayo, 1/4 cup Parmesan, garlic, Franks Red Hot sauce and one tablespoon each of Mrs. Dash, Onion and Garlic powder into the slow cooker; whisk until well blended.
Chop your artichoke hearts; set aside.
Blend cream cheese, remaining Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella cheese and one tablespoon each of Mrs. Dash, Onion and Garlic powder into the bowl of thawed spinach; cream together.
Add artichoke hearts and creamed spinach into slow cooker, blend together; taste and add seasoning or hot sauce to taste.