This tasty and fairly easy breakfast recipe is a tasty and impressive dish to make for any occasion! Made with Great Day Farms eggs, this braided breakfast bake is quick, easy, and serves beautifully for guests, holidays, or special occasions.
(I am a compensated Great Day Farms ambassador.)
Braided Breakfast Bake
There’s something so special about preparing and baking a casserole-type breakfast to your family, something so hearty and happy. I can’t put it into words, I just know deep down in my momma bones that it fills me with joy to cut into it and serve it on a plate.
Braided Breakfast Bake Recipe
This recipe uses a pie crust, that becomes a flaky, buttery crust surrounding the casserole. By cutting the edges (as shown above), you can braid them overtop your breakfast ingredients to bake. Delish.
I scrambled the eggs, fried the turkey bacon, cooked the shredded hash browns, and seasoned seasoned seasoned.
To braid the crust, place your ingredients in the center of the pie crust, as shown above.
Fold over the ends, as you see above, and begin at the bottom, folding one side at a time, alternating sides, and folding them somewhat upward (as shown).
Continue to work your way to the top, one side at a time, until you reach the last two, which will go straight across, Press down on all the ends to make them nice and tight. You can choose to use an egg wash here, if you’d like (I didn’t).
Once finished, this is the result. Look at that beautiful flaky crust!
This didn’t take an enormous amount of effort, and yet the results are spectacular.
Look at that! Gah! You can pick it up and eat it like a sandwich (depending upon how hot it is when you serve it), or delve into it with a fork, like a pie. Your choice – both are equally delish.
- pizza cutter
- baker’s roller
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk and scramble your eggs, season and set them aside in a bowl.
- Fry the hash browns in a skillet, season, and place aside with the eggs.
- Fry up the bacon, crumble, and add to the bowl.
- Top with cheese, season the mixture while stirring around until well mixed.
- Using a roller, roll out the pie crust to make it more rectangular, and, using a pizza slicer, make parallel cuts into the pie crust 1/3 of the way in.
- Spray your medium baking pan with cooking spray, and place the pie crust in gently.
- Load your egg mixture into the middle of the pie crust, and fold in the ends, flatting it out.
- Beginning with the bottom two rows, fold them in, angling them slightly upwards, to lay on top of one another, going left-right, left-right (or vice versa) and remaining in order all the way to the end.
- Once braided all the way, pop into the oven until crust is golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Once removed from the oven, let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with a pizza cutter.
Does this look like a great brunch or breakfast recipe for your family or guests? Holiday breakfast, anyone? I hope you’ll check out my other breakfast recipes while you’re here! 🙂