2018 Family Bucket List
Go on a cruise for the first time!DONE Try new food – OystersDONE! Attend a metaphysical fair– DONE! Create and sell my first piece of commissioned jewelry– DONE! Repaired my own MacBook– DONE!
- Hike the mountains here in Colorado
Be healed with reiki by a skilled healer– DONE!
- Travel somewhere new
Our All-Time Family Bucket List
- To create and own my own parenting magazine
- See a Steelers home game
New Years Eve in Times Square(I’ve done this, but want to with my family) Own a home
- Set foot in every state (So far: WA, OR, CA, FL, GA, LA, TX, SC, NC, VA, NJ, NY, PA, CT, MA, MD, AL, MS, TN, IN, IL, OH, WV, KY, MO, KS, CO)
DisneyWorldand DisneyLand(I’ve done both, family hasn’t been to DL yet)
- Visit the Grand Canyon
- Shop Rodeo Drive
- See the Hollywood sign
- See a pro baseball game (I’ve done this, but my family hasn’t)
- Have an article published in one of my favorite magazines
- Write a published work
- Hula dance in Hawaii (
or, in Florida. LOL)
- Live in a real city
- Run a marathon
- Participate in a Triathlon
- See a pro soccer game
- Learn to surf (on my feet, not body)
Parasail( I did this, but I want my family to try it) DONE! Ride in a helicopter(I have done this, but the kids would LOVE this)
- Knit an adult sweater completely myself (that doesn’t suck)
- See a waterfall (and maybe swim?)
Ride in a limousineI’ve done this before, numerous times, but I want to do it as a family Own a fancy piece of “grown-up” furnitureDONE! Take a cruise– DONE! Meet someone famous
- Cross the Canadian Border
- Walk or run across the Golden Gate Bridge
Face-to-face interview with a celebrity(have done video before)
- Enjoy a meal in Paris with real French wine, cheese, and coffee
- Drink a mint julep on the front porch of a plantation house in the Deep South
Visit New OrleansI’ve done this, but I want to go back with my family Sail (without getting sick)– DONE!
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Ski, even if only just once
- Visit the Bahamas
- Make clothes for each member of our family, even if only once
- Drive through the German countryside
- Take the train across the country
- Enjoy Italian food and wine while visiting Italy
- Make a scrapbook of our family accomplishing all of these
- Walk the runway
- Learn to throw pizza dough in the air
- Times Square for New Year’s Eve. (I’ve done it, my family hasn’t)
2017 Family Bucket List
Travel cross country – DONE Road trip! DONE! Water slide funDONE Visit Garden of the Gods– DONE! Major purge of stuff– DONE! Spend more time with girlfriends– DONE!
- Go sledding with the kids in the Colorado snow (didn’t get to, wasn’t enough snow this year!)
- Build a snow fort with the kids (again, not enough snow! ugh!)
This is actually going to get broken up into 2 different lists this year, because I turn the big 4-0, and I have some things I want to do myself (as inspired by Danielle’s 40 before 40 list).
2016 Lisa’s List of Sh*t to Do Before 40
- Travel more. (NYC & FL in March so far)
- Go ziplining and not die. LOL 😬
Go to a paint night at the local wine and paint place. I’ve been DYING to go for months, and I’m gonna do it soon, dammit!DONE! Girls weekend, for realsies. One at a spa, or something. Total pampering and relaxing, maybe? Or a retreat with blog friends? Not sure.(Not 100% done, but I took more girl time towards the latter of the year, which was REALLY nice) Really delve into this book to understand using essential oils with chakras, meridians, and organs Delve more into learning reiki 😍😍😍 Redo my Young Living display in our home– DONE (this was before) Attend the 90’s concert– DONE
- Attend more concerts
Learn to really meditate– DONE Spa night, either at my house or at a friend’s house! (DONE TWICE! LOL)
2016 Family Bucket List
- Florida for summer vacation?
Pay off more debt this year(Lisa’s student loans FINALLY DONE + two store credit cards, one to go!) Redecorate a little in the playroom– DONE Enroll the kids in a ton of extra-curricular activities(so far DONE, more this summer) Clean out the superfluous crap, only keep what we really love and need
- Get back to crafting and baking together more often
- Work on completing the previous year’s lists
2015 Family Bucket List
(work in progress)
Florida for vacation– DONE! Busch Gardens with my brother & his family– DONE! Neon Run with my family!– DONE! Pay off more debt Learn to make a wreath– DONE! Create a gallery wall– DONE! Try juicing– DONE! Annnnd not for me lol Type-A in Atlanta (for Lisa)– DONE!
- Finish 2014 & 2013’s list
2014 Family Bucket List
(work in progress)
- (Lisa) Lose 20 pounds
- Disney Vacation this summer (!!!)
- Visit my brother and
parents in Florida(perhaps when we do Disney?) Done! Pay off my husband’s car (expected March 2014)!Done 3/2014 Redecorate the playroomand bedrooms
- (Lisa) Girls weekend
- Get professional family portraits taken
Get a new headshot taken. DONE at Mom 2.0 Dip my toes in the sand against the ocean (haven’t visited the ocean in a while)DONE! Pay off2 cards paid off so far! DONE! 3 credit cards1 more card.
- Trying aerial silks. That looks like so much fun!
- Finish 2013’s list.
2013 Family Bucket List
Pay off both our vehicles – One is paid off as of March 2013!DONE!
- Run a “color” race/5k with the kids
- Get family portraits taken (I took ours for graduation)
Purchase a ten-seater dinner table and chair set, used or newDONE 2/2/13 reveal here Finish redecorating the playroom Try a new food item – done! Fly kites with the kids– done!
- Run my first half-marathon (finally!)
- Enjoy a massage/spa day
- Go on a family hike
Build these shelves and reorganize the garage Get a bike to ride regularly and with the kidsDONE! 8/31/13 post here
- Learn how to do one new thing a month and write about it (possibly take classes?)
- Be published in a book or magazine (hopefully Southern Living or Parenting?)
- Craft for charity
Have a photo from one of my food posts featured on Foodgawker and TastespottingDONE! 1/21/13 This post was featured.
- Learn basic car maintenance and how to change a tire by myself
- Grow our own fruit and vegetables (must research what I can grow first)
- Read at least 5 books this year
- Donate every month to charity in some way
- Have a DJ dance party with my kids, or go to one.
Enjoy “High Tea” for the first time at MadHattersTea.comDONE!
- Build an elaborate sandcastle with the kids on a beach somewhere
Do something that scares meDONE!
- Learn to make fondant properly (ahem)
- Plant a tree (perhaps for our garden? A fruit tree?)
- Touch a dolphin &
interact with the StingraysDONE!
- Perform random acts of kindness on strangers with the kids
- Have date nights with my husband at least once a month
- Learn to make pasta from scratch
- Get back into creating art and get rid of our current art for mine in our walls
- Go to a Farmer’s Market once a month (if possible during winter?)
- Go rollerskating