If you’re a fan of Harry Potter like our family, you will love this Harry Potter Cupcakes recipe with fondant Gryffindor Scarves you can make for birthday parties or for Harry Potter parties with family and friends!
Harry Potter Cupcakes Recipe with Gryffindor Scarves
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good with this recipe! Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald is coming out soon! In honor of this movie release, we decided to get all Harry Potter up in here and make some fantastic and magical Harry Potter Cupcakes with Gryffindor Scarves made of fondant!
Gryffindor Scarf Harry Potter Cupcakes
J.K. Rowling is back again with her second Fantastic Beasts movie spinoff with scenes set in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! This connects the Fantastic Beasts story directly to the Harry Potter books and films, and in honor of this, we decided to craft these Gryffindor Scarf Harry Potter Cupcakes! Aren’t they simply magical! Even muggles have to admit these are awesome!
Gryffindor Scarf Inspired Harry Potter Cupcakes
These spellbinding cupcakes with fondant Gryffindor scarves honor the second Harry Potter spinoff set 70 or so years before Harry Potter learned to become a wizard at Hogwarts. Pairing decadent chocolate cupcakes with homemade buttercream icing, these cupcakes let us see “we’ve all got both light and darkness inside us.”
Best Harry Potter Gryffindor Scarf Cupcakes
No wands needed to make these wondrous treats, these are fairly simple enough with parental supervision for your kids to help you create these fun Harry Potter cupcakes for your Potter fans’ next party! Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Dumbledore approved! ⚡️
How to Make Harry Potter Gryffindor Scarf Cupcakes
To make this Gryffindor Scarf inspired Harry Potter Cupcakes recipe, don’t worry, Harry! You won’t need to add powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood for these. The simple ingredients are listed below!
- One dozen chocolate cupcakes made with your favorite cake mixor recipe for cupcakes (check out my friend Kelly’s 7up cupcakes recipe).
- Softened butter
- Confectioners’ sugar
- White fondant
- Lemon yellow gel food coloring
- Burgundy gel food coloring
- A small bowl of water
Ensure your chocolate cupcakes are completely cooled before frosting and decorating.
Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and milk on medium to make up your homemade buttercream frosting. The frosting is ready once the mixture is smooth and forms semi-stiff peaks. Using an offset spatula, frost each cupcake and set aside.
Take 4 oz. of your white fondant and color with burgundy gel food coloring. Knead well until completely tinted. Color the remainder of your white fondant with the yellow food gel food coloring. Also knead well until completely tinted.
Sprinkle a smooth working surface with cornstarch. Add cornstarch to a rolling pin as well. Roll both fondant colors separately until they are about a quarter of an inch thick. Cut the burgundy fondant into strips, about 4 inches long and half an inch in width. Cut the yellow fondant into small rectangular pieces. You will need about 36-50 of them.
Dab some water on the back of each yellow piece and place on the burgundy strip spaced apart. You can fit about 4-5 on each scarf.
Cut some tassels on the end of each fondant scarf and place one on top of each cupcake. Enjoy!
Harry Potter Cupcakes with Fondant Gryffindor Scarves
- Ensure cupcakes are completely cool before decorating.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and milk on medium. These ingredients make up your buttercream frosting. The frosting is ready once the mixture is smooth and forms semi-stiff peaks.
- Using an offset spatula, frost each cupcake.
- Cut the burgundy fondant into strips, about 4 inches long and half an inch in width. Cut the yellow fondant into small rectangular pieces. You will need about 36-50 of them.
- Dab some water on the back of each yellow piece and place on the burgundy strip, spaced apart. You can fit about 4-5 on each scarf.
- Cut some tassels on the end of each fondant scarf and place one on top of each cupcake. Enjoy!
Now that you’ve seen these Fantastic Treats and How To Make Them, if you’re feeling particularly Harry Potter inspired and ready to celebrate, check out my other cupcake recipes and dessert recipes! And “when in doubt, go to the library.” ⚡️