If you need an easy weeknight meal for dinner, this Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl Recipe is it! Full of delicious southwest flavor with rice, shredded chicken, beans, and corn – this recipe is a real one pot winner!
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl Recipe
Now that I’m more comfortable using the Instant Pot, I try to use it all the time, especially during those crazy hot summer days where I’d like to set and forget my dinner. I may have been a scaredy-cat initially when using the Instant Pot, but now I feel almost like a pro! We love tacos of all kinds, particularly chicken tacos, and the Instant Pot makes exceptional shredded chicken (and super fast) too! So I figured, why not? One pot meal? Yes, please. Let’s goooo! Go go gadget Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl recipe made of WIN! Yesss!
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
I’m the hugest fan of bowl recipes, aren’t you? When you can serve your entire meal in a bowl, it makes for easy clean up! It tastes really good, too! Chicken taco bowls are my jam, man. Sure, we love all things taco, (as is evident by all our taco recipes) but this easy to please chicken taco bowl recipe is so ridiculously simple and has quickly become a family favorite in our household! A nice little shake-up to our Taco Tuesday nights, you know?
Easy Weeknight Meal Recipe – Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
Weeknight meals can be tough to get together if school is a factor and work hours plus commuting got you stressed. That’s why I love easy weeknight dinners just like this! One pot taco chicken and rice with flavorful beans and savory seasonings – yes! Come to mama! This chicken bowl recipe feels so much like a win, you know? So hearty and delicious, plus it’s easy to make all year round – warm on the belly in the winter, but full of seasonal flavors in the summer (especially when paired with a perfect margarita)!
Simple Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl Easy Dinner Recipe
I don’t know if you’ve ever experienced a burrito bowl from Chipotle, but I really think this tastes like it! You could probably also call this recipe an Instant Pot Chicken burrito bowl, too! But seriously, other than opening a couple packages and cans, can a dinner recipe get any easier? This quick-cooking dinner recipe is just an easy-peasy dump and start meal! Looking to spice things up for Taco Tuesday? You’ll definitely want to make this taco bowl, then! Not only is this recipe an easy one to prepare, it’s an even easier one to clean up after!
Ways to Serve Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
If you’re someone who does weekly meal prep, then this recipe is a perfect one for you! Not only does it taste fantastic as a chicken taco bowl, but you can take it and make it into a taco (using either a hard or soft shell), taco salad, burrito, or into loaded nachos too! This Instant Pot recipe is so convenient in that way, where you can turn it into more meal ideas! Gah, I love using my pressure cooker so much, meals like this make meal prep sooo easy!
Tips to Make Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
- To make things simpler, I use the same taco seasoning whether it’s chicken or beef (and I get it in a can form as opposed to individual taco seasoning packets). However, should you want to, you can opt to use chicken taco seasoning instead.
- We used long grain rice for this recipe, but you could easily substitute for jasmine rice, basmati, brown, or white rice instead. Depends on your preference, they all taste great!
- We used traditional crushed tomatoes for this recipe, but for a little extra flavorful kick, you could opt to use fire roasted diced tomatoes instead!
- For an extra kick spice-wise, add diced jalapeños with the beans when cooking! For this recipe, I would use 1-2 tablespoons, depending upon how hot you want it!
Love Tacos? Check Out These Easy Taco Recipes!
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
To make this Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl Recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Chicken breasts
- Taco seasoning
- Long grain rice
- Chicken stock
- Canned black beans
- Canned kidney beans
- Crushed tomatoes
- Canned corn
Suggested toppings for this awesomely awesome chicken taco bowl recipe:
- Sour cream
- Fresh cilantro
- Avocado slices
- Fresh squeezed lime juice
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Diced jalapeños
You will also need the following kitchen tools:
- Instant Pot
- Large bowl
- Two smaller bowls (cereal size)
- Wooden spoon
- Two forks or “Meat Claws” for shredding chicken
Place chicken breasts into the inner pot of your IP and pour over cup of water.
Cover and lock the IP and set it on high manual pressure for 10 minutes. While your chicken is cooking, drain and rinse your beans, placing into small bowls and set aside.
Once the time is up, allow for a 10 minute NPR (natural pressure release). Release the pressure and place cooked chicken breasts into a bowl. Using two forks, pull the chicken breasts into shreds. Sprinkle one tablespoon chicken taco seasoning into the bowl of pulled chicken. Mix well and set aside.
Pour out the water from the inner pot and make sure it is clean. Pour rice and water into the inner pot.
Rinse and drain both beans and pour on top of the rice. Add crushed tomatoes and the remaining taco seasoning.
Cover and lock IP and set on manual pressure high for 10 minutes. Once the time is up, allow for an 12 minute NPR. Remove the lid of the IP and stir in corn and chicken.
Once the ingredients are all well-blended, spoon into an individual bowl to serve. Serve with whatever toppings you’d like on top!
A little fresh-squeezed lime juice and chopped cilantro tastes SOOOO GOOD on top! I also add some diced jalapeños for a little extra kick!
You can’t forget the shredded cheese over top, too! Ooey gooey melty cheese always tastes delicious over tacos of any kind!
What do you think? Could you get down with some tasty Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls like this or what? Yes, pleeease!
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl Recipe
- Place your chicken breasts into the inner pot of your Instant Pot in one layer and pour cups of water over the chicken.
- Cover and lock the IP and set it on high manual pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the time is up, allow for a 10 minute NPR.
- Release the pressure and place cooked chicken breasts in a bowl.
- Using two forks, pull the chicken breasts into shreds.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsps chicken taco seasoning into the bowl of pulled chicken. Mix and set aside.
- Pour out the water from the inner pot and make sure it is clean.
- Pour rice and broth into the inner pot.
- Rinse and drain both beans and pour on top of the rice.
- Add crushed tomatoes and the remaining taco seasoning.
- Cover and lock IP and set on manual pressure high for 10 minutes.
- Once the time is up, allow for an 12 minute NPR.
- Remove the lid of the IP and stir in corn and chicken.
- Serve in individual bowls and top with the listed toppings of your choice.