What do you get when you pair your favorite boxed mac ‘n cheese with mixed vegetables and cut-up chicken nuggets? A super easy and delicious dinner your children will devour!
It’s so easy to do, even your kids can help you make it!
Chicken Nugget Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
- Package of chicken nuggets (we use Tyson)
- 1-2 boxes of macaroni and cheese with ingredients needed on box (we use organic Annie’s)
- bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- shredded cheddar (optional)
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil water in a saucepan to prepare your macaroni and cheese as you normally would.
- Microwave your chicken nuggets on a plate for 3-4 minutes each plateful (depending upon how much you make/need).
- After the chicken is heated through, cut into quarters and set aside while you microwave mixed vegetables and continue to prepare the macaroni and cheese.
- Once the macaroni and cheese is boiled, mixed and ready, combine everything into a sprayed baking dish, cover, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with additional shredded cheese if you like, and bake for an additional 5 minutes to brown the top a little.
- Let cool a few minutes before serving. And then? Be prepared for the ooh’s and ahh’s and compliments galore.
What’s also awesome about this recipe? You can stock up on these ingredients and keep them on hand as a last minute meal idea if you need it in a pinch.
Another awesome tidbit? If you choose to bake your chicken nuggets in the oven (microwave them first, to get them thawed), while the macaroni and cheese is boiling and being prepared, you can avoid baking the casserole altogether, and serve on the stovetop. Simply mix it in a bowl, and serve, saving even more time. How awesome is that!?
What do you think? Do you think your kids will love this dish? Don’t forget to check out my recipe index for more kid-friendly favorites!
Never miss a thing! Subscribe today for all kinds of crazy parenting fun!