Do you like opera? What about opera sang by four hot handsome men? That’s what I thought.
Il Divo (aka “Four Hot Handsome Men Who Can Sing Like Angels”) are back refreshed, reinvigorated and ready to remind the world in 2008 just what they have been missing (other than their good looks). Four of the greatest operatic voices in the world come together again to create their unique signature sound to re-interpret popular romantic songs with their release of The Promise.
The Promise is Il Divo’s first release in two years.
Il Divo “were initially brought together by pop impresario Simon Cowell in 2004, following an extensive worldwide audition process. The virtuoso blending of operatic technique with romantic and popular song took the world by storm, with sales of over 22 million. Their first three albums, ‘Il Divo’, ‘Ancora’ and ‘Siempre’ scored 36 number 1 chart positions across 26 countries.”
After first hitting the shops on the 10th of November, the album has gone on to top the charts across the globe, cementing the band as the world’s biggest and most successful operatic stars.
And hot. Don’t forget hot.
Returning with their richest and most diverse album yet, Il Divo worked once again with longtime collaborator Steve Mac on The Promise, focusing on a courageous new direction that shows Urs, Carlos, Sebastien and David‘s hotness *ahem* full breadth of talent and musical ability. Il Divo have become an international sensation bringing the sound of opera to the world of popular music since their debut.
Il Divo has also released a Christmas album, The Christmas Collection, which has their flair for opera paired with the holiday’s classic songs, great for getting you into the Christmas spirit!
UK – X Factor semi final TV live performance – live Dec 6
Germany – RTL’s Klitschko vs. Rahman TV performance – live Dec 13
UK – GMTV Xmas performance – live Dec 16
UK – One Night Only Xmas Special TV performance – airs Dec 20
US – Live with Regis & Kelly Xmas performance – airs Dec 22
Japan – Tetsuko’s Room TV performance – airs Dec 23
US – Good Day New York Xmas performance – airs Dec 24
Spain – Yo Soy Bea special guest TV performance – airs Dec 24
Holland – ‘RTL Boulevard Christmas Special’ TV performance – airs Dec 25
US – Good Morning America Xmas performance – airs Dec 25
Spain – La Gala Del Año TV performance – airs Dec. 26
Spain – New Years Eve Gala TV performance – airs Dec 31
As Il Divo’s new album The Promise continues its worldwide success, here’s your chance to win the pair of CD’s, The Promise and The Christmas Collection just in time for Christmas!
- Leave a comment below, with a valid email address, telling me your favorite Christmas song for 1 entry.
For extra entries:
- Blog about the hotness *ahem* this contest with a link back to this entry. Come back and comment here with your link. (5 entries – post 5 comments with your link, numbering them)
- Sign up for the Il Divo Newsletter (3 entries)
- Follow me on Twitter. I’m CrazyAdventures. Post a comment with your Twitter username so I know who you are. If you already follow me on Twitter, comment and tell me, it still counts**! (1 entry)
- Subscribe to my blog, and post a comment and tell me you did with your email address for verification. If you already subscribe, let me know, it counts!** (1 entry)
- Follow my blog and leave a comment you did, and if you already follow, let me know, it still counts!**(1 entry)
- Stumble, Kirtsy, Digg, Twitter this post! (1 entry for each)
**It ‘pays’ to stay connected to me and my blog, as it earns you automatic entries into all of my contests (and I show you hot men who can sing. Yeah!)
Winner will be chosen using Random.org. Contest ends Sunday, December 7th, at 9pm CST. Good luck!
And thank you so much One2OneNetwork for the opportunity to review and giveaway these hotties, I mean, CDs!
While you’re here, check out my other giveaway! Power Rangers Giveaway! ends Dec 8th 9pm CST