Did you know that ladybugs are lucky? Just ask Jenny from Monkey-Toes, and Katja from Skimbaco, two incredible sweet, down-to-earth mompreneurs who I’m blessed to know who are having their dreams come true, all because of ladybugs.
Katja’s website, which offers upscale fashions for the whole family, was contacted by a friend of Tom Cruise sometime ago, and after a few choice items from Skimbaco were purchased for the Cruise family and made into a nifty gift basket, including the insanely adorable Ladybug Shoes you see before you, the next thing you know, Oprah’s interviewing Tom Cruise and picking up Suri’s new favorite shoe and showing it off, on national television.
Yeah, I said it. Oprah. Tom Cruise. Good gravy, that’s huge people!
In the show that originally aired on May 2nd, 2008 (that will re-air December 12th, check your local listings), Oprah visits Tom Cruise in his Telluride mountain home, walks inside his huge house, and upon walking into the mudroom they see Suri’s adorable ladybug shoes. Oprah picks up the shoes and Tom Cruise says “Ladybugs are Suri’s favorites.”
Dreams came true right at that moment. The internet exploded with tons of people googling “Suri ladybug shoes” to find where those shoes came from. Jenny and Katja’s hard work had paid off.
As if being endorsed by Tom Cruise and Oprah wasn’t enough, other stars like Tori Spelling, Allison Sweeney and Jennifer Garner are all Monkey-Toes admirers as well, and Jenny’s products have been featured in lots of print and online articles and catalogs.
Katja has since decided to close Skimbaco soon in an effort to help others achieve what she’s achieved, by launching her PR venture Ladybug Landings, inspired by her success with Jenny’s Ladybug shoes, her mission now is to see other mompreneurs achieve the same level of success she has, and “focusing on helping other people to get their products on Oprah.” (By the way, check out her site for some major sales going on!)
They are sure to sell out, so be sure to head on over to Monkey-Toes or Skimbaco and pick up a pair today! Jenny is offering a coupon code on her site for $5 off, OSURI08, and Katja has marked hers on sale!
Win It! – CLOSED
I am SO BEYOND SUPER EXCITED that Monkey-Toes has allowed me to offer up to one of my readers Suri Cruise’s oh-so coveted Ladybug shoes! WOOHOO, thank you Jenny! (By the way, do you make adult sizes? *coughifyoudoIwearasize8*)
To enter, please visit Monkey-Toes and comment below telling me what your favorite product is from there. Good for 1 entry, be sure to leave a valid email address.
For additional entries (I’m giving you MANY, MANY ways to enter to win!):
- Blog about this contest with a link back to this contest. Come back and comment here with your link. (10 entries!!)
- If you don’t have a blog, email at least five friends and CC me in on the email! Tell your friends all about the Oprah show, these amazing mompreneurs, and about the lady luck they received with these ladybug shoes. My email is crazyadventuresinparenting at gmail dot com. (5 entries for 5 friends, 1 entry per person after that!)
- Visit Jenny’s blog and/or Katja’s blog, show them some love by congratulating them, wishing them well, or saying hi! Tell them you came from here! (2 entries per comment, so leave as many comments as you’d like! )
- Follow me, Jenny or Katja on Twitter. I’m CrazyAdventures, Katja is KatjaPresnal, and Jenny is monkeytoesshoes. Post a comment with your Twitter username so I know who you are. If you already follow us on Twitter, comment and tell me, it still counts**! (3 total entries possible here)
- Twitter about this contest and the Ladybug shoes on Oprah, as many times as you like. Be sure you link to this contest with @CrazyAdventures in your tweet! (1 entry per tweet, unlimited)
- Subscribe to Katja’s blog, to Jenny’s blog, or my blog, and post a comment and tell me you did with your email address for verification. If you already subscribe, let me know, it counts!** (1 entry)
- Leave me a comment in some of my other posts, and link back here with each blog post you visited and commented on! (2 entries for each comment)
- Follow my blog and leave a comment you did, and if you already follow, let me know, it still counts!**(1 entry)
- Stumble, Kirtsy, Digg, etc this post! Come back and comment that you did with your username and/or link! (1 entry for each)
For each multiple entry above, come back here and comment that many times (i.e. 5 entries means 5 comments, numbered)
**It ‘pays’ to stay connected to me and my blog, as it earns you automatic entries into all of my contests! (Plus, I’m kind of cute, so that should count, no?)
Winner will be chosen using Random.org. Contest ends Sunday, December 14th, at 9pm CST.
Happy Holidays! Good luck!