I have a (little) confession (or two) to make.
With my family’s busy-ness as of late, in order to fit in extra work tasks, practices and games, some of the things around the house have been, um, let go.
I should have shampooed (again) at least a week ago (if not more). I’m almost contemplating hiring somebody. I think it’s going to eat me.
- The fridge needs to be cleaned out (and scrubbed) (like a lot, a lot). (Update 10/19: Cleaned some old crap out of there. It wanted to eat me, it wasn’t pretty.)
- My husband put up our outside Halloween decor, but the inside stuff is sitting in a box in our driveway. (What, indoor Halloween decor doesn’t look good in a box?)
Costumes? Oy. Baby Dude’s needs to be ordered, and everyone else needs to make up their minds so I know what we’re doing.
- The drawers and closets could use a combing-through for things that are too small. Don’t ask me how I know, or about how I’m learning this the hard way.
- Our room is more like an additional storage room as of late rather than a bedroom, and needs to be fixed (and our bedspread to the cleaners).
- The actual storage closet downstairs is so full, you can’t get in (again).
Oh, I could go on, but those? Those are the things that are glaring at me right now. Unfortunately, there isn’t much time with four kids playing sports, games, practices, deadlines, hubby’s physical therapy for tendinitis in his foot, and everything else going on. I’m taking it all in baby steps, but some are time-sensitive, and I need incentive.
I come to you, friends, for a little accountability. Do you think you can help me?
I need my friends to help encourage me to do this. How? I want you to pester me. Do you hear me? PESTER. ME. Until those items are
crossed off above, can you keep checking back, and if they’re not, send me an email, hit me up on Twitter or Facebook, nag me like my mom would if I were a teenager again and my clothes weren’t put away properly (yes, I know where my kids get it from, thankyouverymuch).
And? If you, yourselves, have things you need to handle and could use a little similar accountability (ahem, pestering), please, share in the comments. I can dish it out as well as I can receive it (I hope).
What do you think? Can you help? Are you in need of
pestering help, too?
Never miss a thing! Subscribe today for all kinds of crazy parenting fun!