Looking for a quick and tasty breakfast that takes no time at all to prepare? An easy-to-make breakfast that you can make in advance, one that freezes well, and makes school/work mornings easier to handle? Take a look at these tasty Sausage Pancake Sandwiches!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sausage Pancake Sandwiches – Quick and Easy Breakfast
I have a new obsession – my sandwich maker. I’m constantly cranking out new ways to create old favorites. “Want a turkey sandwich, kids? How about a hot one, pressed into a pocket?”
It’s a sickness, I tell ya. But (!!!) because it’s so fun, I’ve created a way to stockpile new things for breakfast that my kids LOVE – sausage in a pancake pocket called “Pigs in a Blanket” for breakfast. Using pancake batter and sausage, yo! Check ’em out, my Sausage Pancake Sandwiches I created! Woot!
It’s literally this easy to make!
Ingredients Needed to Make Sausage Pancake Sandwiches
To make this easy breakfast, you will need the following:
- Breakfast sausage links
- Your favorite pancake mix (plus ingredients to make a batch of pancakes)
- Cooking spray
And don’t forget about the all-important sandwich maker!
How to Make Sausage Pancake Sandwiches for Breakfast
- Fry up some of your favorite breakfast sausage (we love using maple sausage for this so that the maple flavor is throughout!).
- Whip up your favorite pancake batter, pour some into the sandwich maker of your choice. (Don’t forget to spray with cooking spray first!)
- Lay a cooked sausage link in the middle, and drizzle some pancake batter lightly overtop, 90% covering the link, then close the sandwich maker.
- Once the lights indicate it’s cooked, remove the breakfast pancake sandwich from the sandwich maker to a plate to cool before serving.
- Repeat the steps to continue to make sausage pancake sandwiches until ingredients are exhausted.
- Wa-la! Insta-breakfast!
The kids have a lot of fun dipping these into syrup. And who doesn’t love pancakes, sausage, and syrup! Yum!
These freeze really well, and heat up pretty fantastically in a toaster oven in the morning for the Hurry! Quick! Rush! Time for school, kids! mornings. What do you think?
Never miss a thing! Subscribe today for all kinds of crazy parenting fun!