Gatorade invited me and other Sports Moms out to their beautiful Chicago HQ over a month ago to tell me all about their new “G-Series” product lines, to include “Pro” and “Fit” and my new favorite, Gatorade Naturals. I was already familiar with their “G2” products, using them myself for workouts, and was eager to learn what more they had come up with. But Gatorade Naturals, oh my!
It was love at first sight in their “Product Room:”
|Yes! Sold at Whole Foods! Woohoo!
I am always super-mega concerned about hydration for my family; for myself (with running and fitness) as well as my husband (usually out in full uniform in southern heat), and especially for my children (playing sports and getting enough to drink in school). I will be completely honest, you all know I don’t like the artificial gunk in foods nowadays, and I was prepared to ask the heavy questions in Chicago when I was pleasantly surprised and happy to hear Gatorade was already all over it with their new G Series Fit and Naturals products. Hello, all-natural gorgeousness!
|Lovely product sent and on my dinner table. Yeah, baby!
(Tidbit: We were able to sample all the current Gatorade products, and hands down, the Gatorade Naturals was every Sports Moms’ favorite.)
The Sports Mom event was chock-filled with wonderful information and experts, and I wanted to share some important tidbits with you, especially given the heat throughout most of this sweltering summer. Did you know?
- 76% of mothers to children in sports think their children are properly hydrated, but
- 70% of teens show up to practice dehydrated (Whoa, people!)
- Protein is needed for muscle recovery 30-60 minutes after exercise completion
- More than half of children report they don’t eat properly in relation to practice (consuming pre- and post- game fuel)
- Almost half of athletes are simply unable to eat surrounding game time
- Hydration starts four hours before practice/exercise starts (during school)
- Eating prior to exercise improves performance (200-300g carb consumed within 3-4 hours prior to exercise improves performance)
- Consuming 10-20g of protein post-exercise is best for muscle recovery
For much more detailed information, visit gatorade.com/moms. I love how they’ve devoted a whole site to us, Sports Moms, to help with our children’s hydration and nutrition. You can also read the story on famous Sports Moms Stephanie Hamm and Wanda Pratt (mothers to Mia Hamm and Kevin Durant respectively).
Never miss a thing! Subscribe today for all kinds of crazy parenting fun!