If you’re looking for coffee shop flavor at home, try these Homemade Coffee Shop Caramel Macchiato Muffins made with iced caramel macchiato coffee! Perfection!
Homemade Coffee Shop Caramel Macchiato Muffins
Breakfasts here so far this summer have been more about convenience than anything. (Perhaps even more-so than during school!) The kids are active, and this one’s at the door, or this activity is awaiting them. They don’t want breakfast (or eating in general) to take too much of their summertime.
When I was asked to create a recipe featuring Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee, I very nearly created one involving ice cream, or something frozen, given the summer is hot and ice cold, chilly recipes are usually best. But I really had breakfast on the brain (it is coffee I’m working with, after all). I wanted to be able to send my husband off with something hearty and filling every day. After all, he still has to work, unfortunately. Caramel Macchiato Muffins seemed like perfection to me. The fusion of coffee cake and coffee together into one baked good. “Here, babe – have a glass of iced coffee and a muffin for the road.”
How to Make Homemade Coffee Shop Caramel Macchiato Muffins
I wanted to make this recipe as easy as possible. I decided against creating it from scratch in favor or using our favorite muffin mix.
The directions on the muffin mix call for water, which I substituted for the iced coffee. Yum, right? I placed the muffin mix into a medium bowl and got to work. (Will you LOOK at that gorgeous coffee in the measuring cup waiting to be poured?)
Ohh, this caramel coffee is going to give this cinnamon muffin mix such a nice flavor.
I add a little streusel at a time on top, to be sure there’s plenty on each muffin.
My tip to streusel muffins is (gently) mashing the streusel down onto the batter, flattening them. They’ll rise as they bake.
See? Easily prepared and ready to go!
My husband was so surprised to find these for breakfast!
I’m slowly getting him into coffee, but he’s not a fan of hot coffee (and especially not in the summer). He’s also big on flavored coffee, so these International Delight Iced Coffees are perfect for him!
Caramel is his favorite flavor of coffee when we order from a coffee shop, so I knew this flavor was a no brainer.
He’s enjoying sipping on this iced coffee in the mornings, getting ready for his day while grabbing a muffin for the road. Perfection!
Are you an iced coffee fan, too? Have you tried International Delight‘s new prepared Iced Coffees in the refrigerated aisle?
Caramel Macchiato Muffins
- 1 box Duncan Hines Simple Mornings Cinnamon Streusel Premium Muffin Mix
- 3/4 cup of International Delight Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp caramel extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- streusel topping included with mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add muffin mix to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the iced coffee, eggs, both extracts, and oil; mix well.
- Spray your 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray generously.
- Evenly distribute the muffin batter into each well one teaspoon at a time until all the batter has been used.
- Sprinkle the streusel on top gently, and press down once finished, almost mashing the streusel into the batter, making the tops flat.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until tops are cracked, golden brown, and spring back when touched.
- Let cool for 5 minutes; use a butter knife to gently lift muffins out.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.