I’m a compensated member of the Netflix Stream Team.
Have you ever asked your child/ren what they want to be when they grow up? “Someday, I want to be…” or “Someday, I will…” – those are a couple of GREAT questions to ask about their hopes and dreams for their futures.
Netflix has some wonderful selections to help get them talking more about what they want to be. Here’s a few ways to help get your kids’ wheels turning:
New to Netflix programming:
Netflix just launched these shows this month. Check ’em out!
1. Ever After High
2. Mako Mermaids
3. Richie Rich
For your little kids:
1. Build and fix things: Handy Manny
2. Make a discovery: Sid the Science Kid
3. Walk on the moon: Justin Time: Blast off!: S1E13
4. Explore the ocean:
For your big kids:
1. Make sweet treats: Cupcake Wars
2. Get into show biz: Fame High
3. Represent Team USA: The Gabby Douglas Story
4. Master the kitchen: Chopped
And for teens and parents:
1. Get the corner office: Undercover Boss
2. Travel the world: Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown
3. Walk the red carpet: Liz and Dick
4. Run my own restaurant: Wahlburgers
To keep the kids chasing their dreams, map out those big ideas on a DIY vision board. Cut inspirational words out of magazines, print photos of favorite characters or add your own knick-knacks and trinkets. Learn how to make your own here.
In your house, how do you encourage your kids to forge their own paths?
Hi, I’m Lisa! Welcome to my perfectly imperfect corner of the web where I've chronicled my life as a mom to "eleventy-billion" kids since 2007! Here I share posts with our family-friendly recipes, crafts and creating art, traveling as a big family, reliving my youth endlessly dancing to 90's music, and documenting our adventurous life while sipping coffee and basking in the delicious Colorado sunshine.