There is so much that I am thankful for in my life, yet with the new year arriving, it makes you reflect and think about what you could do to make it better than it already is. After giving it a lot of thought, here are the resolutions I have for 2009 (and I reserve the right to add to it as I go along):
- Pay down as much debt as possible. Other than the credit card for AAFES we opened for the laptop, we haven’t used any credit and have already been paying things down, so I’d like to continue that trend of not spending on credit and paying debt down or off. My goal is to be debt-free within the next 2 years, I hope.
- In addition to the above, I wish to live as frugally as possible, and encourage my family to do the same, more so than we already do. Christmas became quite out of hand, after being forewarned, our families on both sides over did it yet again, and I want to encourage my children AND our extended families to not over do it. I hope to help all of us simultaneously (a huge task, but I hope to help in some way).
- To go along with the 2 above, I’m hoping to take any extra money we have to pay down debt, quicker, after we set some aside for special accounts, first.
- To sew more often. I stare at my machine daily and yet I don’t do anything with it anymore. I need to make time to do it, as I have projects ready to go I haven’t touched in forever.
- I get into a regular blogging routine, semi-scheduled like (as much as I can with a 3 month old) so I’m not pressed to crank out posts all at once if I fall behind, or something happens. I do plan posts in advance, with obvious wiggle room to post more, along with contributing to other websites as well. I need time, scheduled time, uninterrupted time to do this, though.
- I would like to make one, if not more, of the blogging functions this year, like Blissdom or BlogHer or something.
- In order to make the above, I hope to find a sponsor to help me get there, as I am unable to afford it on my own.
- Venture out in our new state, Louisiana, and visit some of it’s many cities. Traveling to and from here to visit relatives, we’ve seen them from a distance and want to see more, so this year I’d like to stop and visit them instead of just pass them by.
- To not lose my temper. That’s a hard one, I do have six children. I am extremely patient, but the end of 2008 was stressful while visiting my parents, with the hustle and bustle of the holidays, compounded by the Computer Meltdown 2008 I endured, 2009 hasn’t started out too hotly because of it. I vow to chill out, calm down, and not ‘lose it’.
- To get healthier.
There is probably much more I’m failing to recall right now, so I’ll add it as a I think of it. How are you doing on your resolutions?