Read all the way to the bottom, for your shout-out (yes, you!) 😉
Last week’s was awful. A no good very bad day. This weeks is better. Muuuch better. Here is my Thankful Thursday Thirteen, a REAL one.
- I am thankful for my little baby’s boyish voice, and all his hiccupy smiles, and oohs and milky burps.
- I am thankful for my toddlers eyes, her squeaks, her smiles, her imagination, her spunk, and for being smart as a whip, too. She’s my living doll.
- I am thankful for my 4-year-old, who makes me laugh every day, who reminds me to have fun, who keeps me in line, who will tell it to me like it is, and who’s curly hair and humungous eyes and eyelashes do me in every single time. He’s ridiculously cute. I think I’ll keep him.
- I am thankful for my 9-year-old son for looking just like me, complete with my hair color (since none of the others do and my baby is seemingly going to go dark, we’ll see…). I am thankful for his intellect, as he will be quite successful some day. I am thankful for his kind and generous heart, and for his ability to love and feel things deeply. I am thankful for just about every ounce of him (and all of them, actually).
- I am thankful for my 2 older daughters (I combined ’em because they same applies to both), their beauty, their sweetness, their ability to make me laugh and hard at their funny quirks, their humor, their silliness, their spunk and for reminding me daily of my girl-hood. I am thankful my teenager isn’t ‘one of those’ teenagers, and that, even though she’s growing up, she’s still a little girl.. for now. I am thankful my 8-year-old is such a tomboy like me, but can look sooo very pretty all dolled up.
- I am thankful for my husband. My beautiful husband who loves me like I never knew anyone ever could. I am thankful for every.single.thing.about.him, even if he drives me crazy for his inability to mind read (lol). I am thankful for his dimples, his smile, his arms which wrap around me in such a protective way, I am shielded from everything that could harm me, just with one hug. I am thankful I am blessed to have the man of my dreams, forever by my side.
- I am thankful for my country, my liberties, my freedoms, my new President, and for all my husband’s comrades in arms fighting for our freedom, I am thankful for you, and I wish you a safe return.
- I am thankful for coffee, because without it, I wouldn’t function, haha
- I am thankful for my great-grandmother, who has long since passed, but I feel her presence with me all the time, guiding me to give, to teach, to grow, to bake just like she did.
- I am thankful for “Signs” guiding me as to what I should do with my life, from the smallest of decisions to the humongous ones. I have opened myself up freely to Them, and am amazed at how They work, and appear at the very second when I need Them to most.
- I am thankful for friends. It is amazing how time can pass when life gets in the way preventing your constant contact with them, and you can pick up right where you left off with the ones that mean the most to you, you never forget. I call these the “Elefriends” for elephant friends, since elephants never forget.
- I am thankful for the ability to vocalize what I’m feeling/living/experiencing with this blog, for my ability to write, to read, to get to know other people and to grow as a person through others experiences and writings.
- I am thankful for you. That’s right, you, whomever you are, reading this right now. I am thankful for your taking time out of your day to come read me. I am thankful for you, your wisdom, for the comment you’re about to leave me *cough*, for your experiences, your kindness, your everything. Keep being you, and keep coming back, I promise I’ll make it worth your while. Thank you, for you.
Happy Thursday everybody!