Good things that happened this week:
- Kindergartner made “Student of the Week” – so cute!!
- Got more Christmas shopping done and thensome this weekend
- Football games started, and they’re looking good! Including Kindergartner, who’s never played before… he’s so teeny!
- Found a new, inexpensive outlet store nearby
- Printed a few, awesome coupons, to shop with this weekend, as well as a new place online to shop.
- Feeling like I’m really getting there for Christmas
- “Aunt Flo” is visiting, and is wreaking havoc. Bleh, ’nuff said. (Guys, I apologize, had to be said)
- With all this shopping, we’ve eaten at restaurants twice this week. I feel so meh and icky.
- I need to make a doctor’s appointment.
- I’m struggling with giving away maternity and baby clothes.
How’s your week shaping up, along with your preparation for the holidays? Hubby and I have both agreed on how much more organized we feel this year, in getting it done earlier.
More holiday preparations:
- More plotting and planning for gift-giving this year.√
- Purchase sale items, and research others.√
- Layaway items at PX
- Begin organizing items purchased. It’s getting a little crazy in that closet, up there.√
- Shop for second-hand items found for sale√
For my regular, ol’ To Do list this week:
Two words I need to do or I’m grounding myself – BACK YARD
Organize and take picture of items to sell, and post on local yardsale website√
Pay bills this week√
Begin our preparations for our surprise trip for Thanksgiving *ahem* :)√
Finish the Robin Miller cookbook giveaway and post another?√
Begin Christmas sewing projects, woohoo!!
Take Halloween decor down, leave fall decor up, add a few Christmas items?
Staying on my diet every day* (Be good, young lady. You had a week of not-so-good this week…)√√√√
Work out 4 times this week* (I’ve decreased it, I need to. It’s unrealistic to do it every day now) 🙁√√√
*Will weigh myself Wednesday morning.
Today’s motivation – stopping. I know that sounds kind of weird, doesn’t it? Stopping?!? What kind of motivation is that, Lisa? But think about it – how many times are you runningrunningrunning, on the go, blazing, hair on fire… just stop. Or, what about out of control moments, when your kids are berserk and you want to blow your lid.. just stop. Or perhaps the times when the tasks are mounting, the dust is lurking, the laundry is piling, your patience is wearing.. just stop. Stop, breathe, step outside in the autumn air. Take the kids for a walk, get in the car and drive to no where, just put on your music, listen to a good song, crack the window, inhale deeply, and breathe. Even if it’s for ten seconds to decompress, you need that time, all the time. Make sure you take that time to “stop”, okay?
Would you like to join us this week for To-Do Tuesday? Start with just a few things. Don’t over-do it your first couple of times. You’ll grow to become a list-a-holic later, start small now, though, k?
Just so you know, you can join us at anytime, it doesn’t have to be on Tuesdays – the list will go up every Tuesday for you to link to, but you can make your list and link to us at any point in the week!
Remember, with “To-Do Tuesday“, we’re attacking our to-do lists each week, blogging about our lists and what we’ve got going on, and sharing it with each other to help keep each other accountable. Everyone should come back here to link up in the MckLinky as the central “To-Do Tuesday Hub” so we can visit who’s participating and offer encouragement to each other throughout the week. Don’t forget to add the “To-Do Tuesday” button to your post, linking back to this post!
Let’s continue to cross items off our list as we go and help support each other in completing our lists! Don’t forget my useful HTML tutorial on how to effectively “
cross-out” or √ “check off” your items on your to-do list!
Joining us? Please add your link below (to your To Do Tuesday post, and not the main page of your blog)
Participants for Week 40
Never miss a post! Subscribe here for all kinds of crazy parenting fun!