Oh my gosh, Walt Disney World has done it AGAIN!! The military may receive discounted tickets for their service-member and their family members, yes! Thank you so much Disney World for honoring our military again yet another year, it means such a great deal to us!
Now, again, there are a few more changes from last year’s Armed Forces Salute offer, so before you pack your bags and set sail for the wondrous Disney journey to visit the happiest place on Earth, read on for the important noteworthy changes:
-To date, Disneyland does not offer this special deal.
-The price per ticket has gone up, from $99 each to $138 each, as well as the price of the park hopper and more options add-ons, from $25 to $27 apiece. Still a wonderful deal, though!
-Black out dates this time around are December 27, 2010 through December 31, 2010 and April 17, 2011 through April 23, 2011, at all Walt Disney World Theme Parks and other gated attractions; and July 4, 2011 at Magic Kingdom Park.
-Important!! Tickets must be “activated” no later than October 1st, 2011 at any Disney World ticket window to be used. I will update this page when I get clarification to this, but according to the Disney World Military website, they say you can’t activate your tickets any later than October 1st, but also, that they expire on October 1st. So, in actuality, if they do expire that day, then the latest you could potentially activate your tickets is four days prior, which is September 27th, 2011. But, sales for these four-day tickets go on sale through September 28th, so their final day of use should be October 2nd. Again, I will clarify this, if it was a misprint or typo.The details:
From October 25, 2010 through Sept. 28, 2011 active and retired U.S. military personnel (including National Guard and Reservists) or their spouses can purchase:
- Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper Option for $138 each
- Five additional Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Water Parks Fun and More Option for $138 each, AND
- Water Parks Fun and More Options for $27 each
On top of this amazing special, Shades of Green has resort specials offered, Disney World Resorts are also offering up to a 40% military discount on their room rates for military as they did last year (black out dates also apply here as well). Remember the following codes when reserving your rooms!
- OUQ – Room only reservation
- OUR – Room only with Quick Service Plan
- OUT – Room only with Disney Dining Plan
- OUU – Room only with Deluxe Disney Dining Plan
Disney World is also offering a 25% off military discount for Cirque du Soleil tickets as well!
Do not forget the Disney World Moms Panel for any and all your planning needs, they are an amazing bunch of moms and dads that are there to help you plan the best trip imaginable!
More details from the Shades of Green website:
- Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased Oct. 24, 2010 to Sept. 28, 2011 at Shades of Green ONLY by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.
- “Eligible Service Members” are active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Shades of Green will require that Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) present valid military identification to purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets.
- Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) who purchase Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort for themselves and their family members and friends will be required to activate those Tickets at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows, no later than Oct. 1, 2011, in order for those Tickets to be used. Valid military identification will be required.
- No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person’s spouse), and all six (6) must be purchased at the same time. Accordingly, no Eligible Service Member (or spouse) may purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets at any military sales outlet if that person (or that person’s spouse) previously purchased Disney Military Promotional Tickets (whether at that same military sales outlet or at any other military sales outlet or at any other place). In addition, one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be for use by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.
- Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort will not be valid unless and until activated (no later than Oct. 1, 2011).
- Each Disney Military Promotional Ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days. Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be used ONLY by the Eligible Service Members, spouses, other family members or friends for whom they are purchased. In addition, a valid military ID may be required for admission.
- Disney Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) expire and may not be used after Oct. 1, 2011. In addition, Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) for the Walt Disney World Resort may not be used on the following blockout dates: Dec. 27, 2010 through Dec. 31, 2010 and April 17, 2011 through April 23, 2011, at all Walt Disney World Theme Parks and other gated attractions; and July 4, 2011 at Magic Kingdom Park.
Remember, by purchasing the Water Parks Fun & More add-on for $27 a person, you can extend your trip, as we did, by visiting the park four days with the base ticket, and visit the other attractions for four days as well, giving you a maximum of eight days you can spend at Disney World having fun. Purchasing this option, too, allows you to have a back up plan should it rain, as it did for us, allowing us to spend the day at Disney Quest playing games instead.)
We’re heading back to Disney this March, and I absolutely cannot wait! Happy Disney Vacationing!
Never miss a thing! Subscribe today for all kinds of crazy parenting fun!