Slow Cooker Herbed Barbecue Chicken Legs
We are HUGE fans of barbecue anything, but particularly of barbecue sauce. I could happily lick barbecue sauce from my fingers on the regular, and I truly love livin’ in the South and getting my fill of delicious barbecue on the regular. However, it’s nice to change your barbecue recipes up a bit. We have made barbecue chicken legs a lot around here, and one day while shopping at Costco, this Kirkland Signature Sweet Mesquite Seasoning caught our eye.
Oh, I’m so very glad it did, my friends. As you can see, we layered that sucker on there almost like breading, and it was sooooooo good. One large package of chicken legs in a slow cooker, a generous GENEROUS slathering of this barbecue seasoning onto every single leg on every side until covered, and then set it to cook on low all day and you’ve got an easy and delicious dish for dinner (and, if you plan ahead and buy enough, for lunches the next day). This slow cooker herbed barbecue chicken legs recipe was a winner winner chicken dinner! (Do you see what I did there?)
So juicy, so flavorful, and SO EASY. Totally a winning dish in my book. The spices really cooked into the meat, you can see in this next picture just how gorgeous the meat turned out.
It made for a FANTASTIC school lunch for the kids the next day, too!
Slow Cooker Herbed Barbecue Chicken LegsLisa Slow Cooker Herbed Barbecue Chicken Legs We are HUGE fans of barbecue anything, but particularly of barbecue sauce. I could happily lick… Print This
- 1-2 packages of chicken legs
- Kirkland Signature Sweet Mesquite Seasoning
- Cooking spray
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Remove one leg at a time from their packaging and sprinkle with the Sweet Mesquite Seasoning and place into the slow cooker. Repeat for each chicken leg until well covered.
- You can set your slow cooker to low for 4-6 hours to cook. This is one of those “set it and forget it” dishes.
- Let cool a bit before serving, as it’ll be juicy and fall-off-the-bone tender, so be careful! Enjoy!
What do you think of these Slow Cooker Herbed Barbecue Chicken Legs? Have you ever used a barbecue seasoning instead of sauce before?