We decided to jazz up our knock-off Chili’s Chicken Bacon Ranch Recipe and add a little speecy-spice to it by creating these Jalapeño Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas. Soooo good, friends!
Jalapeño Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas
In an effort to attempt to cook in the summer heat and NOT use the oven, I’ve been gettin’ a little crafty. What can I make on the stove? The crock pot? The grill? And then I recalled this old favorite recipe for chicken bacon ranch quesadillas, remembering it’s prepared on an electric griddle. An electric griddle!! Yes!! We also got to make twice as many jalapeño chicken bacon ranch quesadillas at once by preparing a second batch on our electric 4-in-1 grill, too (cuz it opens up to flatten out for griddle mode). Yes!
This recipe was initially inspired my the Chili’s recipe for chicken bacon ranch quesadillas. They’ve been a favorite ever since – I mean, who doesn’t love ranch, bacon, and cheese? Gahhh! Favorite flavor combo right there.
Jalapeño Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas Recipe
To make your jalapeño chicken bacon ranch quesadillas, you will need:
- Flour (or corn) tortillas
- Shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- Big bottle of Ranch dressing
- Cooked chicken breasts, chopped up finely
- Bacon, cooked, chopped up finely (or a bag of bacon crumbles)
- Chopped jalapeños I got a good sized package of chicken from the store and boiled my chicken.
Shredding chicken doesn’t have to be difficult. Sure, you can do it with two forks, or you can pop it into your Blendtec and go at it.
I mean, look at that fine shred, friends! It’s beautimous!
How to Make Jalapeño Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas
This time around, I used a big bag of bacon crumbles instead of frying up my own bacon (to save time in the hot kitchen). So as soon as this chicken was ready and shredded, it was go time. Spray your griddle, lay down your tortilla shells, and drizzle ranch onto each shell.
I use a basting brush to baste the ranch evenly over each tortilla shell. (The ranch acts like a glue for the ingredients to keep ’em in the sandwiched tortilla shells.)
Then, we start making the magic happen. I begin adding the chicken onto the ranch dressing followed by the crumbled bacon.
From there, you add the jalapeños carefully, spreading them out nicely, then top with shredded cheese (which also acts like a glue).
I paint more ranch on the tortilla shells that go on top, too (to ensure they are gelled together nicely), and when I top them, I press on them, too.
I don’t keep them on too long, pretty much as soon as you’ve topped them and pressed down on them, you can flip ’em. They should be nice and golden brown (if not, you can flip ’em again before they come off the heat).
Once they’re golden brown on both sides, slide ’em off your griddle and onto a large cutting board to cut ’em up into triangles. Each circle should yield 4-8 triangles, depending how small you want yours.
Ta-da! Look at all those jalapeño chicken bacon ranch quesadillas! Gah, I’m getting hungry again just writing this recipe up for you 🙂
The jalapeños sure do add some magnificent flavor into these already flavor-packed quesadillas.
That’s it, I’m definitely hungry. These are going back on my shopping list to make again THIS WEEK. GAH! I can’t deal. They’re just too good.
I need more jalapeño chicken bacon ranch quesadillas in my life! Especially paired with delicious cheesy rice on the side! ALL THE CHEESE, PLEASE!
You could even serve ’em with nachos on the side, too! Like I said, ALL THE CHEESE, PLEASE! So good, friends. So so good!
What do you think about this jalapeño chicken bacon ranch quesadillas recipe? Be sure to check out my other chicken bacon ranch quesadillas recipe, along with my other chicken bacon ranch creations, such as my Chicken Bacon Ranch Cheddar Wreath and Baked Chicken Bacon Taquitos and dip ’em in ranch! Yum!
Jalapeño Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas Recipe
- 2-3 packages flour or corn tortillas
- 1 package shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- 1 bottle Ranch dressing bottled or prepared on your own
- 4-5 cooked chicken breasts chopped up finely
- 1 package bacon cooked, chopped up finely (or a bag of bacon crumbles)
- 1 jar chopped jalapeños you can use fresh, but there’ll be far more kick, so you can use less
- Prepare your chicken until it’s fully cooked and then shred finely.
- If you’re frying bacon to crumble, prepare that now and set aside to cool before crumbling.
- Prepare your ranch dressing (if you aren’t using bottled) and set it aside.
- Spray your skillet with cooking spray, and place tortillas down to brown.
- Drizzle a little ranch onto the tortillas, and “paint” it onto the rest of the tortillas using a basting brush (the ranch acts like glue for your ingredients).
- Sprinkle the chicken onto the ranch, topping with bacon, then shredded cheese, then paint another tortilla with ranch for the top.
- Place the ranch-painted tortilla over top, smoosh down with your hand to set it together, and flip (but be careful)!
- Once browned on both sides, remove from heat onto a plate.
- Use a pizza cutter and slice up your tortillas into quesadilla triangles, approximately six-to-eight triangles per tortilla.