Learn how to make and decorate these fun and delicious Christmas Tree Cake Pops with this easy Christmas Tree Cake Pops Recipe for the holidays!
Christmas Tree Cake Pops
Looking to “wow” your holiday guests at your next get-together? You will with these stunning Christmas Tree Cake Pops! These are perfect to make if you’re looking for a different kind of dessert to bring to a holiday potluck, party, or get together!
Simple Christmas Tree Cake Pops
The best part about making cake pops? Is that they’re SO incredibly fun to make! Simple enough to involve the kids (especially when it comes to smashing the cake)!
Festive Christmas Tree Cake Pops
These gorgeous cake pops would look wonderful at any party or event. You don’t have to be the best decorator or baker to make these, either! They come out beautifully using this recipe and instructions, I promise! And they taste even better than they look!
How to Make Christmas Tree Cake Pops
For this recipe, you will need:
- Prepared cake (from your favorite cake mix)
- Store-bought vanilla
- Softened butter
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Moss Green gel food coloring
- Yellow fondant
- Lollipop/cake pop sticks
Before starting, your baked cake has to be fully cooled before working with it (or the cake pops won’t crumble, mix, and set correctly.
Get your frosting ready as you crumble your prepared cake in a large bowl until well broken up.
Add in the frosting to your crumbled cake and mix with your frosting until it’s the consistency of wet sand so that you can easily mold with it.
Make cake balls 2-3 inches and form into cone shapes. Carefully add in the popsicle sticks and refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
Separate your yellow fondant into 20-24 spheres, about ½ an inch in size. Shape each one into a star. Lay gently on wax paper.
To create your icing, beat together butter, confectioners sugar, and milk until smooth. Add in food coloring and mix until color is throughly combined and even. Fill your piping bag.
Sprinkle each tree with sprinkles and carefully adorn the top of the tree with one yellow star against the sticks.
There you have it! These perfect, beautiful, delicious and party-friendly holiday cake pops! It doesn’t have to be difficult to be beautiful, don’t you agree? These are just that easy!
If you love these holiday cake pops, I hope you’ll check out more of my holiday recipes that I’ve created too!
Christmas Tree Cake Pops
- Cake mix prepared and baked in 2 8-inch round pans
- ¾ cup store-bought frosting vanilla
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4-5 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp Moss Green gel food coloring
- 1-2 oz. yellow fondant
- 20-24 lollipop/cake pop sticks
- piping bag
- Wilton decorating tip 21
- Wilton grass tip optional
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Ensure that your cake has cooled before beginning the cake pop process.
- In a large bowl, break your cake up into little bits. You may even use a food processor to do this.
- Add frosting into your crumbled cake and mix thoroughly. You’ll want the consistency of semi-wet sand, but don’t make it too wet or else it will not set.
- Start rolling your frosted cake into 2-3 inch balls then shaping them into cones, so that they start to take the form of a Christmas tree. Insert a lollipop stick from the top and place gently on your lined baking sheet.
- Chill the cake pops in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Place wax paper on a clean working surface.
- Separate your yellow fondant into 20-24 spheres, about ½ an inch in size. Shape each one into a star. Lay gently on wax paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter, confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth. Add food coloring and mix until completely tinted. Place in piping bag.
- Remove cake pops from refrigerator and frost each one. Top with sprinkles and place fondant star at the peak of each tree.
- Enjoy and happy holidays!