Learn how to make and decorate these fun and easy Reindeer Cupcakes with this easy Reindeer Cupcakes Recipe for the holidays! Easy for kids to decorate, too!
Reindeer Cupcakes Recipe
If you’re looking for an easy cupcakes recipe for the holidays to make with your kids, this is it! These reindeer cupcakes require very few ingredients to make it special, fun, and exciting! These will definitely help get your family into the holiday spirit! Ho ho ho!
Easy Reindeer Cupcakes Recipe
Big or small children alike can help decorate these Christmas cupcakes! The little ones can help assemble the cupcakes easily with parental supervision. They can even help ready the ingredients!
Simple Reindeer Cupcakes Recipe for the Holidays
If you have a holiday party or event you need to prepare a dish for, consider these perfect holiday cupcakes, so easy to whip up! Ordinary cupcakes are a thing of the past when you give ’em a holiday makeover and turn them into Rudolph!
How to Make Reindeer Cupcakes
For this holiday recipe, you will need:
- Your favorite cake mix
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Candy googly eyes
- Red decorating icing or tiny red hard candies (like RedHots)
After preparing your favorite cupcake mix, let your cupcakes cool completely before frosting and decorating. Set them aside on a wire rack to cool completely! If your cupcakes are still warm inside when you frost them, your frosting (and decorations) will run!
Go through your pretzel bag and pull out only whole pieces for your antlers, not broken ones.
Beat together the ingredients for your homemade chocolate buttercream frosting, fill your piping bag with the Wilton decorating tip 21 attached, frost in a swirl motion gently starting from the outside of the cupcake inward.
Take two pretzels and place them on each side towards the top to serve as your antlers.
In the center of the cupcake, place your candy googly eyes.
Finally, use either the red decorating icing or a small red candy as the reindeer’s “nose” and place it centered beneath the googly eyes. Ta-da! Your adorable reindeer cupcakes are ready!
- Prepare your favorite cupcake mix, bake to manufacturers directions.
- Once your cupcakes are out of the oven, ensure you cool them completely on a wire rack before decorating.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, cocoa and milk on medium speed, gradually increasing it to high.
- Once the ingredients are mixed, smooth, and form stiff peaks, your buttercream icing is ready.
- Frost each cupcake with a piping bag using Wilton decorating tip 21 in a swirl shape.
- Add two pretzels on each cupcake which will serve as your reindeer’s “antlers.”
- Add candy googly eyes and dot a nose with either red decorating frosting or a small red hard candy.
- Enjoy and happy holidays!
These are sure to bring many smiles and giggles to any holiday party or event you have to attend! Don’t you think?