This deliciously cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole recipe is a fantastic side dish for any occasion! Jalapeños, corn, peppers, and lots of cheese make this a recipe to remember!
Jalapeño Corn Casserole
I love creating and recreating ideas for recipes, especially when they involve some of my favorites! For me, there’s nothing like fresh jalapeño poppers during the summer fire roasted over the grill. My love of jalapeño poppers has inspired me to create Jalapeño Popper Macaroni and Cheese, Jalapeño Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas, and Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken Wrapped with Bacon. Just last week I had to bring a dish to a barbecue and I was really craving corn, and this idea for Jalapeño Corn Casserole came to mind!
Easy Jalapeño Corn Casserole Recipe
This recipe is extraordinarily easy to make! I use frozen kernel corn for this recipe because it’s a preference, I don’t like how canned corn tastes, but you could substitute canned or fresh from the cob if you wanted to (you would just have to adjust the baking time accordingly). For me, though, frozen corn helps to make this recipe easier! Easy is the name of the game, especially if you’re cooking for a crowd! This side dish is a fantastic one to make for get-togethers, parties, functions, and much more!
Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole
It doesn’t have to be difficult to taste amazing, you know? I live and breathe by this motto when it comes to cooking. With a large family such as we have, I want to have great tasting food ready on the table with ease. No frills, no nonsense. We’re a busy family and I value my time accordingly, you know? I’m sure you feel the same way about how you spend your time. I could be slaving over a hot stove, or I could be spending time making memories with my kids. The choice is simple. 🙂
Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole for Summer
The second the weather warms up and the grill gets uncovered, I swear I immediately get cravings for jalapeño poppers. Most of my jalapeño recipes stem from that craving occurring during the colder months, hence why I invent and create new variations! Not to say that jalapeño poppers should only be made during the spring and summer, of course, but the way I enjoy eating them is grilled, especially when they’re wrapped in bacon! Mmm! With or without bacon, I love grilling them on the grill like that! And while this Jalapeño Corn Casserole is bacon-free, it has that same great flavor I’ve grown to love!
Jalapeño Corn Casserole Side Dish Recipe
Need a side dish for an upcoming event, party, or get-together? This recipe will definitely turn heads! It pairs well with a ton of different things, particularly anything grilled! A delicious barbecue chicken leg, grilled hot dog, or juicy burger with these Jalapeño Corn Casserole on the side? Heck yeah, baby!
Tips for Making Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole a Huge Success
- To cut back on cooking time, you could thaw the frozen corn ahead of time.
- I use salt and pepper and season to taste, but you could easily add in some of your favorite spices that would complement this dish!
- I add the shredded cheese at the end, but you are more than welcome to stir in within and sprinkle it on top at the end, too! You might need extra cheese should you do that, though, so take note of how much you use!
How to Make Jalapeño Corn Casserole
To make this delicious Jalapeño Corn Casserole, you will need the following ingredients:
- Softened cream cheese
- Frozen corn
- Fresh jalapeños
- Orange bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Shredded fiesta blend cheese
- Fresh ground salt and pepper
- Optional: Crumbled bacon
You will also need the following tools:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cream cheese and butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30-second intervals until softened.
Add the frozen corn to the bowl of softened butter and cream cheese. Stir with a rubber spatula to combine it well.
Dice up your two bell peppers with your paring knife and remove the seeds from your jalapeños, then dice them as well. Add your peppers to the bowl of corn and stir again to combine.
Season your corn mixture to taste and stir gently to ensure seasoning is thoroughly mixed in before placing the corn mixture into a greased casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and generously sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Can be spooned into bowls right away to serve, or set out to be served in the casserole dish covered until ready to eat.
What do you think? Is this recipe something you could easily whip up for your next barbecue, or get-together? Wouldn’t this make a fantastic side dish with some delicious barbecue or something Tex-Mex? Full recipe and instructions can be found below! I hope you’ll consider sharing this recipe! Please come back and let me know your thoughts after making it, okay? 🙂
Jalapeño Corn Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cream cheese and butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30-second intervals until softened.
- Add the frozen corn to the bowl of softened butter and cream cheese. Stir with a rubber spatula to combine it well.
- Dice up your two bell peppers with your paring knife and remove the seeds from your jalapeños, then dice them as well. Add your peppers to the bowl of corn and stir again to combine.
- Season your corn mixture to taste and stir gently to ensure seasoning is thoroughly mixed in before placing the corn mixture into a greased casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and generously sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Can be spooned into bowls right away to serve, or set out to be served in the casserole dish covered until ready to eat.