- Wash and shred the potatoes into a large bowl.
- Add eggs, flour, seasonings and onion (optional).
- Mix together, folding in potatoes, to ensure an even coat and that ingredients are well mixed.
- Heat tbsp of oil or butter on skillet. Test if hot by sprinkling water (if you hear a sizzle when the water hits, you're ready to go).
- Place a heaping tablespoon onto the oil and immediately flatten it out, pressing it into the pan. Once pressed, wait about a minute and flip it over and press again (this way they're nice and flat).
- Cook until evenly brown and cooked through on both sides, about 3 minutes on each side or so over medium to medium-high heat (once brown, crisp, and hot through).
- Serve immediately, but can be refrigerated for another time!
These are a great substitute for hash browns, which I can’t seem to find organic or all-natural. By cooking it myself (as always) I control what ingredients I put in (organic or all-natural) to ensure we’re still eating healthy! Yay!