2008 is coming to a close. I’m barely able to comprehend how that happened. This year went by ridiculously fast, didn’t it?
Today is New Year’s Eve, a time for reflection. I keep thinking back to this time last year and I can’t believe how much my life has changed, and yet, how much it is simultaneously the same, despite all the aforementioned changes. Strange how that happens, changing yet staying the same, you know?
This time last year, I had no idea we’d have a new addition to our family. We also had no idea where or when we’d be moving, or how it would end up working out for us. Amazing how things can change, and what time will bring your way. Life is sweet, and chock-filled with surprises every day, big or small.
Thinking back on this year has me wondering what 2009 will have in store for us. Wow, 2009! I just barely got used to writing and saying 2008! *ba-link*
Among being New Years Eve, today also happens to be our anniversary as well. Yay for us! Our lovey dovey selves will be sneaking smooches for the rest of the day, complimenting the ones we shared earlier. No ‘date’ plans, though. Tonight will be spent, as always, among our family, in reflection, celebrating the year, our marriage, our family, watching the ball drop and ringing in the new year together. What better way to do it, anniversary or no. What are your plans for ringing in this New Year?
As for my New Year’s resolutions, I have a few in mind. I need to
find a way to create more hours in the day get more organized, with all that I am doing and will be doing. I’m super excited with many new endeavors and relationships for 2009!
As you know I already Vlog for Newbaby.com, where I am now helping them vlog product reviews (my first two will be published sometime this weekend). In addition to this, I’ve been asked to contribute weekly articles along with 13 wise ladies to the new Happy To Be At Home site starting tomorrow! If you haven’t already visited there, [email protected] is the labor of love of three bloggers Kate of A Simple Walk, Toni of The Happy Housewife, and Joy 5 Js, who have created a haven for encouraging other mothers who like to make their houses homes and everything that comes with it. Along with the 3moms, all fourteen contributing writers will focus on a different aspect of home life in their own ‘area of expertise’. Here’s the ladies who are joining me:
- Erin from $5 Dinners – Kitchen topics
- Lisa from Crazy Adventures In Parenting – Mommy & military life (hey wait, that’s me!)
- Rachel from Keep It Simple – Frugality
- Carri from The Peterson Clan – Large-family mothering
- Sherry from Lamp Unto My Feet – Recipes/kitchen
- Susan from Susie’s Homemade – Crafty, D.I.Y. stuff
- Amy from The Finer Things in Life – Mommyhood
- Shannan from Chubbie Chica – Weight loss
- Niki from Free 2 Be Frugal – Weekly coupon and freebie round-up
- Author Tricia Goyer from Triciagoyer.com – Inspiration and parenting
- Niki from Organizing Connection – Organizing and simple living
- Sonshine from Glimpse of Sonshine – Homeschooling
- Jenna from Food With Kid Appeal – Healthy food for kids
- Amy from Mom’s Toolbox – Travel
What a phenomenal list of ladies, huh? I am so excited!
I will post tomorrow with my goals for 2009. Happy New Years!