(I am a compensated Great Day Farms ambassador.)
Sausage Egg and Cheese Crescents
Easy breakfasts that can be made in bulk make me insanely happy. Do you know how easy it is to bulk cook breakfasts once a week for your family, store the remainder in the fridge and freezer, and know your kids can eat healthy, nutritious meals all week long? Anything to make mornings easier makes me a happier mom. (I know you guys feel me, mornings suck, man.)
I’m a huge lover of crescent roll dough (as you know, our preferred brand is Immaculate Baking), and so creating a Sausage Egg and Cheese Crescents breakfast recipe was naturally perfect. I might be addicted to all things crescent rolls, so don’t be surprised if you see more recipes pop up soon using ’em. 🙂
How to Make Sausage Egg and Cheese Crescents
Once all your ingredients are prepared and ready to go (as you see above), begin by laying the cheese down, then the scrambled eggs on top. Continue for all your crescent roll triangles. (You might have some egg left over, which I readily admit I happily snacked on as my tumbly was rumbly. Ahem.)
Add your cooked sausage links on top of the egg, and season.
Fold the ends over and press together, ensuring the edges are tucked.
Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Once out of the oven, baste a little butter over top.
Season again with salt and pepper, too.
Ta-da! Cheesy sausage and egg awesomeness that can not only be made ahead of time and reheated, it’s portable and easy to eat on the go.
I imagine these babies are going to be pretty handy once school rolls around again, don’t ya think?
Be prepared to make a lot of them, though – my family devoured these in no time flat!
- 8 Great Day Farms eggs scrambled
- 2 packages of crescent roll dough
- 2 packages of sausage links maple would be the best, cooked
- 8 slices of sliced cheese halved
- fresh-ground salt and pepper
- tbsp or two of melted or softened butter with basting brush
- Scramble your eggs and fry up your sausage - set aside to cool.
- Cut or break your sliced cheese in half, also set aside momentarily.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough on a greased or sprayed cookie sheet or baking stone.
- Lay your cheese slices down first, then a tablespoon or so of eggs, followed by a sausage link, then season.
- Wrap the dough tightly around the eggs/sausage/cheese, tucking the edges around, press tightly.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the dough becomes browned.
- Baste tops with butter and season.
- Let cool a couple minutes, then serve.
Now that you’ve read how to make it, I hope you’ll share it! And be sure to check out my other breakfast recipes, too! 🙂