Who wouldn’t love a bite or three of these delicious St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Cookies with green M&Ms and caramel chips, delicious!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Cookies
Hooo, friends. You’re in for a real treat with this gorgeous St. Patrick’s Day dessert recipe! Who doesn’t love caramel and chocolate together? It’s one of my favorites!
In this tasty cookie recipe, we combined chocolate and caramel with green M&Ms! Yes! A little crunch with our chewy cookie goes a long way here! This recipe is a lot of fun for kiddos who would like a St. Patrick’s Day treat!
Where Can I Find The Actual Recipe Card?
If you’d rather skip all of my cupcake decorating tips, important information for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the easy St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Cookies recipe, just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
Can These Cookies Be Decorated?
AbsoLUTEly they could! You could tint some ready-made vanilla frosting green or mix in green food coloring into this frosting mix (this mix is THE BEST!)! Or you could keep the frosting white (for contrast) and add green sprinkles, this green sprinkles blend, green sanding sugar, or green nonpareils on top! These St Patrick’s Day sprinkles are absolutely ADORABLE!
Ingredients Needed to Make St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Cookies
To make this tasty St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Cookies recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- High quality cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled down
- Softened butter
- Caramel chips
- M&M green chocolate-covered candies
Keep in mind, all of the ingredient amounts you’ll need are in the printable recipe card below.
Kitchen Tools Needed to Make St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Cookies
You will also need the following kitchen tools:
- Mixing bowl set
- Rubber spatula
- Plastic wrap
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
- Wire cooling rack/s for cooling off the cookies
How to Make St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Cookies
Roll out cookie dough balls, about 1-inch in diameter each. Set gently on lined baking sheet, placing them about 2 inches apart from each other.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack before serving. Enjoy!
Alternative Ingredients and Baking Tips
- Can’t use semi-sweet baking chocolate squares, or can’t find it anywhere? No problem at all! To substitute the baking chocolate squares, you can use 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 1 tablespoon butter, margarine, or shortening for every 1 ounces of semi-sweet baking chocolate. You can also use chocolate chips instead!
- For more of a St Patrick’s Day decoration, press some of these shamrock sprinkles into the balls of batter before baking!
- Double this recipe and place marshmallow fluff or buttercream frosting in between two of these cookies to make them St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Whoopie Pies!
What Goes With This Recipe?
Are you looking for fun snacks and desserts to serve for St. Patrick’s Day? Check out these additional options!
- St. Patrick’s Day Mini Cheesecakes
- My friend Jenn has a recipe for this Saint Patrick’s Day Snack Mix
- Jenn also has these Chocolate Guinness Frosted Cupcakes too!
If you love this St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Cookies recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook and Pinterest! If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback! 🙂
Sign up below to receive my newsletter filled with delicious recipes, fun crafts, and family adventures straight into your inbox:
St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Cookies
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and fold until a soft cookie dough forms.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out cookie dough balls, about 1-inch in diameter each. Set gently on lined baking sheet, placing them about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack before serving. Enjoy!