If you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal, look no further than this spectacularly easy Instant Pot Lemon Butter Chicken Recipe!
Instant Pot Lemon Butter Chicken Recipe
Whether you’re fully immersed in easy breezy summertime days by the pool or in the sunshine, or hip-deep in busy weeknights buried by school and extra curricular activities, the Instant Pot is such a fantastic solution to any dinner conundrum! I know it’s completely expanded my repertoire for getting dinner on the table for my family. I can’t say enough about my love for it! Especially when it creates such flavorful lip-smacking meals like this Instant Pot Lemon Butter Chicken recipe, my gosh! This is so incredibly good!
Easy Instant Pot Lemon Butter Chicken Recipe
To be completely honest, I was one million percent scared to use the Instant Pot when I first got it, haha! I was texting my friend Mel religiously while preparing a marinated steak sandwich meal (which is another delicious dinner recipe that I’ll be posting soon too) and trying to remain calm not wanting to rocket launch the lid through the roof, haha! I didn’t, thankfully. It really is easy to use, and therefore, makes the best and easiest meals for dinner for us! I love my Instant Pot, and I hope you’ll love this lemon butter chicken recipe as much as we do, too!
Instant Pot Lemon Butter Chicken Recipe for Dinner
I want to put delicious meals on the table for my family but I don’t want to have to slave over a hot stove endlessly to do it, especially in the summertime when it’s already hot, you know? I have a lot of kids, I work from home, and we have a lot of things we’re doing and participating in, and while I don’t want to sling fast food into their faces because it’s easy, I want healthy delicious food, I just want to make it as easy as possible to make, create, and serve. Instant Pot to the rescueeeee *cue super hero music* I swear, this Instant Pot is a Godsend and I really hope you enjoy this easy dinner recipe as we do!
Easy Weeknight Meal – Instant Pot Lemon Butter Chicken Recipe
For those busy weeknights when you’re going a mile a minute, go ahead and create this Instant Pot Lemon Butter Chicken Recipe! We loved serving it with mashed potatoes because the sauce (or gravy) in this recipe tastes SO good over top the potatoes, but you could make this with Italian Herbed Potatoes too! Or you could even easily make it with rice as well! Rice and sauce/gravy sounds delish too, mmm! Even biscuits or bread would taste great, as it would give you a way to mop up the leftover sauce on your plate! Yes, it’s a plate-licking kind of dish! So yum, friends!
Easy Dinner Recipe – Instant Pot Lemon Butter Chicken
I’d rather be spending time giggling over the fun conversations I have with my kids, and spending time WITH them rather than being stuck in the kitchen for endless hours cooking for them. Time is short, you know? They grow up so quickly! I want to make memories while still making deliciously easily meals for them, ones that don’t take a ton of time so I can get back to what’s important, you know?
Tips to Make Instant Pot Lemon Butter Chicken
- To save on time, you could easily double this recipe and freeze it to reheat at a later time! Talk about your easy meals right there, woohoo!
- I love seasoning the chicken the night before so it marinates in all those delicious spices. You can easily do this by taking the chicken from the packaging, seasoning it, and placing it into a gallon freezer bag and storing it in the fridge overnight until you’re ready to cook it! The longer the chicken is seasoned, the more flavorful this dish is, and it’s soooo worth it!
How to Make Instant Pot Lemon Butter Chicken for Dinner
To make this easy Instant Pot Lemon Butter Chicken Recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Chicken breasts
- Coarse salt
- Sweet paprika
- Dried thyme
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Chicken broth
- Fresh thyme for garnish (optional)
You will also need the following tools:
- Instant Pot
- Serving plate (to set chicken aside while preparing the sauce)
- Measuring cup
- Wooden spoon
Add chicken breasts into the Instant Pot and brown both sides of each breast, about three minutes on each side.
Add chicken back into the pot with sauce and cover with the lid. Set on manual pressure high for 23 minutes. Once the time is up, allow for a 10 minute NPR (natural pressure release). Open the Instant Pot and place the chicken on a plate and set aside for now. Set the Instant Pot on the sauté function and add to the pot your cream and remaining butter.
In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Pour into the Instant Pot. Whisk until the broth mixture thickens up. Add the chicken back into the Instant Pot and turn off the sauté function. Serve the chicken breasts while ladling some of the sauce over top. Garnish with thyme and the slices of one lemon, if desired. Enjoy!
What do you think of this Instant Pot dinner recipe? Do you think this would be a big hit in your household? Be sure to check out our other family dinner recipes and be sure to save this post for later and share it, we’d greatly appreciate your support!
Instant Pot Lemon Butter Chicken Recipe
- Rub and cover both sides of the chicken breast with salt, paprika, and thyme.
- Set Instant Pot on the sauté function and add olive oil, nine tablespoons of butter, and garlic. Allow to heat for about one minute.
- Add chicken breasts into the Instant Pot and brown on both sides of each chicken breasts, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken breasts from Instant Pot and place on a plate; set aside
- Pour chicken broth and juice of three lemons into the Instant Pot. Scrape any brown bits at the bottom of the inner pot.
- Add the chicken breasts back into the pot and cover with the lid.
- Set on manual pressure high for 23 minutes.
- Once the time is up, allow for a 10 minute NPR (natural pressure release).
- Open the Instant Pot and place the chicken on a plate to set aside.
- Set the Instant Pot on the sauté function and add to the pot your cream and remaining butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Pour into the Instant Pot.
- Whisk until the broth mixture thickens up. Add the chicken back into the Instant Pot and turn off the sauté function.
- Serve the chicken with your favorite sides. Garnish with thyme and the slices of lemons, if desired. Enjoy!