Looking for an easy weeknight meal? Check out our easy Instant Pot Tortellini Soup recipe perfect for those busy days when you want to have a super easy dinner!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Instant Pot Tortellini Soup
School is back in session for me and the kiddos, and getting back to business means we need easy weeknight meal solutions like this! (Emphasis on easy, yo!)
Easy meals for busy parents is the name of the game when the kids go back to school, you know? A dinner we can “set and forget” so we can go about the hustle and bustle of evening homework and chores while still getting delicious food on the table.
This is when the slow cooker/Crockpot or Instant Pot saves the day for me! You want “set it and forget it” meals, you need these effortless devices that allow you to start dinner early and have it ready when you need it. I like a well-planned simple and delicious dinner like this Easy Instant Pot Tortellini Soup.
Where Can I Find The Actual Recipe Card?
If you’d rather skip all of my preparation tips, important information for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the easy Instant Pot Tortellini Soup recipe, just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
Is This a Meatless Meal?
It is! You can choose to keep it as a meatless meal as directed below (especially if you’re family is trying to do more meatless meals) or you can choose to use some sort of chicken, beef, or sausage tortellini to it! If you have any leftover chicken, you can easily shred it to add to this recipe if you’d like (good use of leftovers)! Our family enjoys it as a meatless option, especially with my vegetarian son at home! 🙂
Ingredients Needed to Make Instant Pot Tortellini Soup
To make this easy Instant Pot dinner recipe, you will need the following ingredients at the ready:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Medium onions
- Garlic cloves
- Tomato paste
- Ground cumin
- Italian seasoning blend
- Fresh spinach
- Vegetable broth
- Crushed tomatoes
- Heavy whipping cream
Keep in mind, all of the ingredient amounts you’ll need are in the printable recipe card below.
Equipment Needed to Make Instant Pot Tortellini Soup
- 10 quart Instant Pot (as this is a large recipe, but you can halve it for smaller families or if you have a smaller Instant Pot)
- Cutting board
- Sharp paring knife
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cup
How to Make Instant Pot Tortellini Soup
Set your Instant Pot to its sauté setting and heat the olive oil in the inner pot. Rough chop your onion and garlic on your cutting board with the paring knife and cook them both in the heated olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add in your tomato paste and toss gently with a wooden spoon for another 2-3 minutes.
Mix the seasonings in well and turn off the sauté function.
Carefully pour into the pot your crushed tomatoes. Stir gently to ensure all ingredients are covered by the liquid.
Attach lid to the Instant Pot and set on high pressure for 10 minutes. Once time is up, release the pressure. Remove lid from the Instant Pot and stir in heavy whipping cream.
Serve in individual bowls and enjoy!!! You won’t be sorry with an effortless meal like this!
Side Dish Ideas
Soup is generally a meal all its own, save for a tasty bread or savory roll to serve it with, especially for dipping! But if you’re looking for a delicious side dish for this easy dinner, check these out!
Other Soup Recipes
Craving more soup recipes like this? Check these out!
- Easy Taco Soup
- Best Homemade Potato Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Tortellini Soup
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Air Fryer Roasted Tomato Soup
Other Instant Pot Recipes
Looking for more easy weeknight meals using your Instant Pot? Look no further, check these out (with more to come)!
- Instant Pot Taco Macaroni Recipe
- Instant Pot Queso Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Tortellini Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Lemon Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
- Instant Pot Pulled Barbecue Chicken
Sign up below to receive my newsletter filled with delicious recipes, fun crafts, and family adventures straight into your inbox:
Instant Pot Tortellini Soup Recipe
- Set Instant Pot to its sauté setting and heat olive oil in inner pot.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and toss for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground cumin and Italian seasoning blend and mix.
- Turn off the saute function and add tortellini and fresh spinach. Follow by adding vegetable broth and crushed tomatoes.
- Attach lid to the Instant Pot and set on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once time is up, release the pressure.
- Remove lid from the Instant Pot and stir in heavy whipping cream.
- Serve in individual bowls and enjoy.