Want a fun way to hand out treats to kids this Halloween or for a Halloween Party? Check out our easy DIY Mummy Treat Cups perfect for holding candy or trinkets this Halloween!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
DIY Mummy Treat Cups for Halloween
We’re busy game-planning our Halloween spread this year. Pizza skulls, check. Rice Krispies Eyeballs as well as other fun Halloween snacks, check. We might not have any idea of what our costumes might be this year, but we are figuring it all out and trying to make it the awesomest Halloween ever!
We’re usually a buy-a-big-bag-of-good-candy-and-throw-it-all-into-a-bowl-to-pass-out-to-neighbors kind of people. But this year? We want it bigger, better, and more fun! Enter these ridiculously cute and easy to make DIY Mummy Treat cups for Halloween candy or treats! Whether we put candy in ’em or candy-less treats remains to be seen, but it made for a fun Halloween craft to make with the kids!
Where Can I Find The Instructions?
If you’d rather skip all of my decorating tips, important information for this craft, and similar craft/recipe ideas – and get straight to the easy DIY Mummy Treat Cups craft, just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable instruction card.
Supplies Needed to Make DIY Mummy Treat Cups
Gather the following supplies and tools to create these fun Halloween DIY Mummy Treat Cups with your kids:
- 8 ounce paper cups in either black or white
- White streamers
- Hot glue gun plus extra glue sticks
- Craft googly eyes
- Good quality sharp scissors
- Desired Halloween candy or treats
How to Make DIY Mummy Treat Cups
Next, cut each streamer strip in half, lengthwise.
Wrap trimmed white streamers around the paper cup, one cup at a time. Using the hot glue gun, secure the white streamers to the cup on each end, pulling it taut. We recommend adding a dot of glue to each end of the streamer to attach.
Don’t worry about the streamers looking uneven, you want them that way! The best part about this craft project is that the more ‘unruly’ it appears, the better! 🙂
Attach 2 googly eyes, securing it with your hot glue gun to create the mummy’s eyes.
Other Halloween Posts to Check Out!
Check out our other fun Halloween posts chock-full of fun Halloween recipes, printables, costume ideas and more!
- 4 FREE Printable You’ve Been BOOed Signs
- Halloween Eyeballs Rice Krispies Treats recipe
- 5 Tips to Throw an Awesome Halloween Party
- Candy Corn Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cheesy Mummy Breadsticks for Halloween
- Frankenstein Cookies for Halloween
- Spider Cupcakes for Halloween
- Frankenstein Cupcakes Recipe
- Ways to Use Your Leftover Halloween Candy
- 25 Halloween Recipe Ideas You Can’t Miss
If you love this DIY Mummy Treat Cups Halloween craft as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook and Pinterest! If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback! 🙂
DIY Mummy Treat Cups for Halloween
- Take your roll of white streamers and cut it carefully into strips, about 9 inches long.
- Next, cut each streamer strip in half, lengthwise.
- Wrap trimmed white streamers around the cup, one cup at a time.
- Using the hot glue gun, secure the white streamers to the cup on each end pulling taut. We recommend adding a dot of glue to each end of the streamer to attach.
- Don’t worry about the streamers looking uneven. The best part about this craft project is that the more 'unruly' it looks, the better!
- Attach 2 googly eyes, securing it with hot glue gun, for the mummy’s eyes.
- Fill up with your favorite candy or treats!