One of the tastiest Taco Tuesday dinner dishes I have EVER made in my entire life, OMG! This Easy Instant Pot Taco Macaroni Recipe is hearty, has spectacular flavor combinations, and tastes magnificent the next day as leftovers, too! 😍
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Instant Pot Taco Macaroni Recipe
Holy mama, friends! This Taco Tuesday dinner recipe is no joke! When I announced I’m making this Instant Pot Taco Macaroni Recipe for dinner, the kids give me the celebratory fist pump and cheers, I kid you not! My kiddos RAVE about this recipe! We’ve had sleepovers and friends over for dinner, and they all rave about it too!
If you’re looking for something that feeds a LOT of folks (recall my family’s a big one and so our recipes are biiiig!), a dinner recipe that tastes fanfreakingtastic, and one that tastes impossibly better the day after reheated for leftovers, then look no further! Friends, straighten up in your chairs for this one!
Where Can I Find The Actual Recipe Card?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important information for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to how to make this Easy Instant Pot Taco Macaroni Recipe, just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
Can You Freeze This Taco Macaroni Recipe for Later?
You absolutely can! Prepare it as directed and once it’s cooled, store it in your freezer in a good quality airtight container for up to three months! If you plan on using it for microwave lunches, then use many separate freezer quality containers. To reheat it, you can choose to microwave it or cook it on the stovetop until it becomes ooey-gooey with all the delicious cheese!
Equipment Needed to Make Instant Pot Taco Macaroni
To make this, you will need awesome Taco Tuesday dinner recipe, you will need the following:
- Instant Pot*
- Blender or food processor
- Mix ‘n Chop
- Rubber spatula
- Wooden spoon or serving spoon
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Measuring cup
Ingredients Needed to Make Instant Pot Taco Macaroni
You will also need to assemble the following ingredients to make this ridiculously tasty and easy Taco Macaroni dish:
- Ground beef (you may use turkey, chicken, or some other ground meat if you’d prefer!)
- Cooking spray
- Onions, diced and minced
- Minced garlic
- Taco seasoning
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Beef broth
- Tomato sauce
- Elbow macaroni (or whatever macaroni you’d prefer to use)
- Heavy cream (or milk, if you prefer)
- Shredded cheese (we used storebought Mexican Style shredded)
- Nacho Cheese Doritos
- Fresh Cilantro
How to Make Instant Pot Taco Macaroni
Drain the beef using a colander once fully cooked and return it to the Instant Pot.
Add your seasonings; stir.
Finally, add in your preferred macaroni (we love using elbow mac for this!)
Stir thoroughly to ensure the pasta is covered with liquid.
Cover your Instant Pot and set it to 8 minutes on manual. Let it rest 10 minutes before releasing the pressure.
Grab your rubber spatula, open the lid and stir stir stir! As you stir you will notice it begin to thicken up and mix quite nicely.
Add your heavy cream to the pot and mix.
Add shredded cheese to your pot and stir reeeeally well! Keep stirring, it’ll be worth it, I promise!!!
From here, test out your taco macaroni and see if any additional seasonings are needed. If so, add what you feel is needed and taste again while stirring.
Continue to stir and taste until you have it seasoned the way you want 🙂 Now you’re ready to serve!
How to Serve Instant Pot Taco Macaroni
To serve this tasty Taco Tuesday dish, you will need to have on hand bowls or a dinner plate and your taco fixins’ you want to put on top! Start with crushing Nacho Cheese Doritos into the bottom of your bowl or onto your empty plate.
Place heaping spoonfuls of your taco macaroni onto the crushed Doritos.
Add more shredded cheese (if desired) and some cilantro (optional).
Add to that more crushed Doritos.
Stir well in your bowl/dish before eating (stirred is the best way to ensure all flavors are together for each bite). Enjoy it!!!!
Other Tasty Taco Tuesday Dishes to Try!
If you’re a taco lover in a BIG WAY like I am, check out these Taco Tuesday inspired dishes!
- Easy Air Fryer Beef Empanadas Recipe
- Easy Creamy Chicken Tacos Recipe
- Chili’s Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas Recipe
- Beef Totchos – Tater Tot Nachos
- Knock Your Socks Off Pork Carnitas Recipe
- Instant Pot Queso Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Jalapeño Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas Recipe
- Chicken Fajita Queso Dip
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl Recipe
- Jalapeño Corn Casserole (side dish)
- Barbecue Pulled Chicken Nachos
- Best Taco Casserole Recipe Ever!
- Jalapeño Popper Macaroni and Cheese
- Easy Taco Soup
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Verdes with Tomatillo Sauce
More Instant Pot Recipes to Try!
If you’re in loooooove with the Instant Pot as we are, check these tasty recipes out!
- Instant Pot Queso Mac and Cheese recipe
- Instant Pot Tortellini Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl recipe
- Instant Pot Lemon Butter Chicken recipe
- Instant Pot Pulled Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches recipe
Get the Printable Recipe for Instant Pot Taco Macaroni Recipe
If you love this Easy Instant Pot Taco Macaroni Recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook and Pinterest! If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback! 🙂
Sign up below to receive my newsletter filled with delicious recipes, fun crafts, and family adventures straight into your inbox:
Easy Instant Pot Taco Macaroni with Doritos!
- cooking spray
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 cans tomato sauce 8 ounce cans
- 1 jar salsa 16 oz
- 6 cups beef stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 32 ounces elbow macaroni
- 3 cups shredded cheese with more on hand to top with
- Nacho Cheese Doritos
To prepare your Instant Pot Taco Macaroni with Doritos:
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté and cook until the beef is fully cooked through.
- Drain the beef using a colander once fully cooked and return it to the Instant Pot.
- Add your seasonings; stir.
- Add beef broth and stir thoroughly.
- Finally, add in your preferred macaroni (we love using elbow mac for this!)
- Stir thoroughly to ensure the pasta is covered with liquid.
- Cover your Instant Pot and set it to 8 minutes on manual.
- Let it rest 10 minutes before releasing the pressure.
- Grab your rubber spatula, open the lid and stir stir stir! As you stir you will notice it begin to thicken up and mix quite nicely.
- Add your heavy cream to the pot and mix.
- Add 2 cups shredded cheese to your pot and stir reeeeally well! Once mixed well, add in your third cup of cheese and mix again.
- From here, taste test your taco macaroni and see if any additional seasonings are needed. If so, add what you feel is needed and taste again while stirring.
- Once mixed and seasoned well, you're ready to assemble!
How to Serve Instant Pot Taco Macaroni with Doritos
- Place heaping spoonfuls of your taco macaroni onto the crushed Doritos.
- Add more shredded cheese (if desired) and some cilantro (optional).
- Add to that more crushed Doritos.
- Stir well in your bowl/dish before eating (stirred is the best way to ensure all flavors are together for each bite). Enjoy it!!!!