If you’re looking for a fun and easy patriotic dessert recipe to make for a barbecue or party this Memorial Day or Fourth of July, check out this easy Patriotic Meringue Pops recipe!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Patriotic Meringue Pops Recipe
These little cloud-like delicacies are perfect for any holiday celebrations you may have for Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, even Flag Day! Enjoy these Patriotic Meringue Pops any time and anywhere, they make wonderful treats for any time!
These are particularly awesome because you can make them in advance and wrap them in fun and festive patriotic cellophane bags ahead of any celebration you attend!
Where Can I Find The Actual Recipe Card?
If you’d rather skip all of my preparation tips, important information for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the easy Patriotic Meringue Pops recipe, just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
Are These Patriotic Meringue Pops Easy Enough for Kids to Make?
Absolutely! Meringues are a ton of fun to create with your little or big kiddos! There aren’t too many ingredients to use and minimal to do decoration-wise, g’head and get the little ones involved! Especially when it comes to laying out the lollipop sticks, piping the meringue, or adding the sprinkles, kids can be involved from start to finish, just exercise caution with the oven stuff 🙂
Equipment Needed to Make Easy Patriotic Meringue Pops
To make these fun and easy Patriotic Meringue Pops, you will need the following kitchen tools:
- Baking Sheets
- Parchment paper or silicone baking mats
- Lollipop sticks
- Stand mixer or handheld
- Piping bag
- Wilton icing tip #1M
Ingredients Needed to Make Patriotic Meringue Pops
This easy patriotic recipe for Memorial Day or Fourth of July only takes just a few ingredients!
- Egg whites, room temperature
- Lemon juice
- Granulated sugar
- Blue gel food coloring
- Red sprinkles
- Blue sprinkles
Keep in mind, all of the ingredient amounts you’ll need are in the printable recipe card below.
How to Make Patriotic Meringue Pops for Memorial Day or the Fourth of July
Using an electric stand mixer, start beating egg whites and lemon juice on low speed. Slowly add the granulated sugar to the bowl and increase the speed to high. Allow to mix thoroughly for 10 – 15 minutes until the mixture is white, fluffy, and forms stiff peaks.
Color the prepared meringue with blue gel food coloring and mix until completely tinted through.
Scoop the blue meringue into a piping bag with Wilton icing tip #1M attached. On your lined baking sheet, pipe out meringue directly on lollipop sticks in a back and forth motion covering about ¼ of the lollipop stick.
Bake the meringues in the oven for 2 hours.
Once 2 hours is up, turn off the heat and leave the meringues in the oven for another 35 minutes or so. Take them out and rest them for about 5 minutes to cool down before serving.
Why Do The Meringues Stay in the Oven to Cool?
Meringues are notorious for cracking and breaking because of their gentle nature. Keeping meringues in the oven after they’ve baked to cool off carefully and slowly without being disturbed is the key to ensuring your meringues come out in tact without breaking, splitting, or cracking!
Related Patriotic Dessert Recipes and Ideas
If you love this Patriotic Meringue Pops Recipe, you’re going to love these dessert recipes and ideas too!
- Patriotic Sugar Cookies – these are a fun tie-dye cookie dough idea to make sugar cookies for any patriotic-themed barbecues and parties you may have!
- Fourth of July Ideas – this post has a tonnnn of awesome ideas for recipes and crafts for your patriotic fun this summer!
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Croissants – these might not be red white and blue, but they are certainly tasty and festive for your dessert table!
- Most Heavenly Raspberry Pie Recipe EVER – this recipe remains a huge favorite and always impresses, and it’s the simplest raspberry pie recipe ever! Not to mention being lip-smackingly delicious!
- Blueberry Scones and Strawberry Scones – alternate these gorgeous scones recipes on a platter and you’ve got quite the festive and patriotic breakfast going on!
- Mixed Berry Muffins – Who says you can’t have easy patriotic muffins to enjoy for the holiday that are as tasty as they are healthy?!
And coming soon, I will have Patriotic Cupcakes recipes for you as well! 🙂
Get the Printable Recipe for Easy Patriotic Meringue Pops
If you love this Patriotic Meringue Pops recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook and Pinterest! If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback! 🙂
Sign up below to receive my newsletter filled with delicious recipes, fun crafts, and family adventures straight into your inbox:
Patriotic Meringue Pops
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees F.
- Slowly add the granulated sugar to the bowl and increase the speed to high. Allow to mix thoroughly for 10 – 15 minutes until the mixture is white, fluffy, and forms stiff peaks.
- Color the prepared meringue with blue gel food coloring and mix until completely tinted through.
- On your lined baking sheet, pipe out meringue directly on lollipop sticks in a back and forth motion covering about ¼ of the lollipop stick.
- Bake the meringues in the oven for 2 hours.
- Once 2 hours is up, turn off the heat and leave the meringues in the oven for another 35 minutes or so.
- Take them out and rest them for about 5 minutes to cool down before serving.