A new twist on an old favorite, these S’mores Rice Krispies Treats are bite sized, easy to gift, and a deliciously simple way to enjoy s’mores without a fire!
S’mores Rice Krispies Treats
One of our families most favoritest things to do in the summer every weekend is to hang out by the fire pit with various ingredients to make s’mores. I say various ingredients because we don’t typically do the traditional chocolate/graham/marshmallow combo, we’ve been known to do peanut butter cups instead of HERSHEY’s bars, or We’ve posted several recipes on different Rice Krispies Treats variations in the past like our Nutella Rice Krispies Treats and Fudge Rice Krispies Treats. This time though we totally took one of our favorite summer desserts and turned it on its head by making it into a Rice Krispies Treat dessert! Who doesn’t love that marshmallow and chocolate combo!
Different Rice Krispies Treats Shapes
I don’t know about you, but I truly love the heck out of the versatility of Rice Krispies Treats! Once the ingredients are blended together and the treats are still warm, they can be molded into any shape! Our S’mores Rice Krispies Treats are molded into a truffles shape here, but we’ve made them egg-shaped with our Dino Egg Rice Krispies Treats, or heart-shaped like we did with our Valentine’s Rice Krispies Treats or our Minion’s Rice Krispies Treats.
S’mores Crispy Rice Treats Recipe
We took the classic flavors of s’mores and turned it on its head by pairing it with a classic Rice Krispies Treats recipe, and then again reinvented it by forming it into a ball shape like a truffle! We just couldn’t stop ourselves! These truffle-like S’mores Rice Krispies Treats are even perfect enough to pack for the kids school lunches! The perfect way to pay homage to s’mores and keep summer alive in other seasons!
No Bake S’mores Rice Krispies Treats Truffles
These are wonderful no bake treats that incorporate that well known perfect summer dessert into alternatively shaped Rice Krispies Treats to make this such a gorgeous dessert to make, bring, and enjoy! Prepare these for your next birthday party. Bring ’em to your friends’ potluck. Gift ’em to loved ones during the holidays. Got a class party at school? Or church function? These will wow everyone who encounters them, I promise! This convenient recipe allows you to enjoy the sweet summer taste of s’mores any time and anywhere! No fire required!
Tips to Make Shaped Rice Krispies Treats
When creating fun shapes for Rice Krispies Treats like this or some of our other Rice Krispies Treats recipes, your best friend is cooking spray! You can opt for butter instead of cooking spray, but I find cooking spray to be much more convenient! Because you will mold these shapes with your hands, by spraying or buttering your hands slightly before you begin rolling, when rolling these S’mores Rice Krispies Treats into a ball, the spray will help prevent the marshmallow mixture from sticking to your hands! Super easy and helpful tip to make this recipe even easier to make! And always use wax paper or a silicone baking mat (lightly sprayed) when refrigerating these to set, too. Helps them release easier!
Tips to the BEST Make Rice Krispies Treats Ever!
- Be sure to melt the butter fully before adding the marshmallows into the pan when preparing your Rice Krispies Treats. By allowing the butter to melt fully, it will coat the marshmallows entirely, allowing them to melt safely without burning or sticking to the pan. Keep the heat low and continually stir to ensure it gets thoroughly mixed.
- Whether you’re shaping your treats as we’ve done here or are pressing into a standard cookie sheet or bar pan to create treats, be sure to lightly spray the wax paper or silicone baking mat gently with cooking spray, and to also lightly spray your knife when cutting the treats at the end.
- Don’t overcook your marshmallow when melting. It’s okay to have a few tiny lumps left when stirring in the Rice Krispies Cereal, it will continue to melt and stretch as you stir! Overcooking your marshmallow though will wreck the entire recipe, so err on the side of caution.
- You don’t have to use a piping bag to drizzle the melted chocolate over top, you can use a sandwich bag with a corner cut off!
How to Make S’mores Rice Krispies Treats
To make these deliciously easy S’mores Rice Krispies Treats, you will need the following ingredients:
You will also need the following tools:
- Cooking spray
- Sheet pan with wax paper or reusable silicone baking mat
- Medium sauce pan
- Rubber spatula
- Wooden spoon
- Piping bag
- Scissors or kitchen shears
Stir gently but thoroughly until completely melted into a marshmallow creme consistency, taking care that it doesn’t burn.
Once completely melted, remove from heat and add a cocoa powder. Stir until cocoa until completed mixed and incorporated.
Fold in Rice Krispies cereal and keep on folding gently until all ingredients are well combined.
Roll two-inch spheres from the Rice Krispies mixture. To help prevent the Rice Krispies spheres from sticking to your fingers, you can spray cooking spray on your fingertips and palms! Place each sphere gently on lined baking pan.
Scoop melted chocolate into a piping bag and drizzle over each Rice Krispies Treat.
Top off each Rice Krispies Treat with marshmallow bits and graham cracker pieces and crumbs. Tip: To make it look more authentic, you can break apart and top with tiny pieces of HERSHEY’s Bars for a more thorough chocolatey flavor if you want!
Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to allow chocolate and such to set. Serve and enjoy these tasty treats!
What do you think? Are these S’mores Rice Krispies Treats something you would enjoy making for and with your kids? What do you think they’ll think of this recipe? If you love this S’mores Rice Krispies Treats recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook and Pinterest! If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback! 🙂
Full recipe with measurements is below for your enjoyment, thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy these treats as much as we do! Please consider sharing and saving this recipe for later as well as checking out our other dessert recipes, Rice Krispies Treats recipes, and entertaining recipes!
S’mores Rice Krispies Treats
For the rice cereal treats:
- Line a baking pan with wax paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows.
- Stir marshmallows until completely melted, taking care that it doesn’t burn.
- Once completely melted, remove from heat and add a cocoa. Stir until cocoa is completed mixed and incorporated.
- Fold in rice cereal treats and keep on folding until all ingredients are well combined.
- Roll 2-inch spheres from the rice cereal treat mixture. Place each sphere gently on lined baking pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips in 30-second intervals until completely melted.
- Scoop melted chocolate into a piping bag and drizzle over each rice cereal treat. Top off with marshmallow bits and graham cracker crumbs.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes – serve and enjoy!